3rd party making wiimote

I'm not a huge fan of third party controllers. With all the new technolgies used by the wii-mote i don't hold out much hope for this one.

Depends on ergonomics (how it's shaped to fit in the hand). I'd like to see a nunchuk that has a trigger rather than an outwardly-curved button it has now.
I remember I never loved the feel of the N64 controller and then Mad Catz came out with an N64 contoller than was really comfortable and it had the bottom part shaped like a gun with a trigger.

Hopefully they'll make some wiimotes with back-lit keys (not that that's needed, but it would look cool:D). If anything, third parties add competition, which keeps the price of controllers low and can even inspire Nintendo to improve their controller.

MetroidZ said:
its cheaper than a ninty one. but i'll only get a ninty one because its more reliable.
What I was about to say.. unless the 3rd party ones are exactly the same with just a different make.. but cost less, then i might by one or two, 'cause they're usually cheaper :)

I'll see what the magazine reviews say (Im hoping the british NGamer will do hardware reviews when things like this start coming out) as it may be worth considering. Both nintendo's and 3rd-party's controllers are probably going to be made using similar people with similar machines, so who knows?
However, making a wii controller is a bit fifferant to the gamecube ones. Motion sensing, speakers, and also, will 3rd party controllers have the momery for miis?
Im keeping an open mind until more news comes through. And I think there is a price differance? They only gave dollars, not pounds, but 30 dollars seems cheap to the £30 im paying...

And i could just keep the 3rd party ones for guests (which are very infrequent) and keep the officail ones for myself and regular friends.

Back