4th of July/Independence Day

Gabbiani

Wandering Gambler
Jun 20, 2007
Sunny Southern California
Wii Online Code
0897-2010-9922-2726
I'd completely forgotten that this holiday was so close at hand. I'm so excited. For as long as I can remember, this has been my favorite holiday. Nothing better than blowing up your own piece of America to validate your citizenship here. :lol: Seriously though... I haven't even seen one firework stand go up, right about now is usually start getting them up. they'll be stocked next week, and on the 4th... Chino, California's going to be lit like a giant candle on The States' west coast.

...muhaha.

And by that I don't admit to any illegal transpirings. :aureola:

Anyone else here a fan of pyrotechnics? I could go on and on about them. I'll be turning 20 next month and I'm still a little kid when it comes to fireworks :crazy:

4th of July for me must include Johnsonville "beddar cheddar" sausages and explosions. A guinness and a girl in a tank top is also nice.

If only I could tell you my favorite story including pyrotechnics. Even though it was a few years back Im still scared of being arrested as a terrorist...

ciper said:
4th of July for me must include Johnsonville "beddar cheddar" sausages and explosions. A guinness and a girl in a tank top is also nice.

If only I could tell you my favorite story including pyrotechnics. Even though it was a few years back Im still scared of being arrested as a terrorist...

Haha, trust me...I can guarantee you I've been in a similar situation.

Long story short... undercover units (four of them) all blocked off a driveway and 10~ people in the front yard had guns pulled on them.

...I don't see what's so bad about 2 1/2 lbs of gunpowder as long as no one gets hurt >.>; :yesnod:

Gabbiani said:
Haha, trust me...I can guarantee you I've been in a similar situation.

Long story short... undercover units (four of them) all blocked off a driveway and 10~ people in the front yard had guns pulled on them.

...I don't see what's so bad about 2 1/2 lbs of gunpowder as long as no one gets hurt >.>; :yesnod:

Very similar. About how big is 2.5 pounds (loaf of bread sized?)

ciper said:
Very similar. About how big is 2.5 pounds (loaf of bread sized?)

Eh. well now that you remind me it was probably about 2 lbs. since we used a 24oz can of Bud. Fl. oz. are different etc.

Either way I'm sure that the explosions (that didn't happen) were similar.

I used to always take trips up to Sturgis, South Dakota for the bike ralley. On the way there (from California) we would go through Wyoming. In Wyoming they have firework stores year round along the highway. They have the absolute best stuff there. There was one that I always wanted to try... It was so big that you could barely get your arms around it and touch your hands together, but it was 100 bucks.... Good times!

Scream said:
I used to always take trips up to Sturgis, South Dakota for the bike ralley. On the way there (from California) we would go through Wyoming. In Wyoming they have firework stores year round along the highway. They have the absolute best stuff there. There was one that I always wanted to try... It was so big that you could barely get your arms around it and touch your hands together, but it was 100 bucks.... Good times!

....Your post--irrelevant. You're repped for Al bundy as your avatar.

the best firecrackers are those little tanks that roll forward and shoot, theyre so cool!

How about the aircraft carriers? They shoot out of their main guns, and then little choppers take off and spin around and fly at you.

Sovieto said:
the best firecrackers are those little tanks that roll forward and shoot, theyre so cool!

As a wee little pyro-enthusiast I used to love those ones and the little sparklers that were made to look like guns. And of course at the end of every 4th of july night my dad would fire off a large bottle rocket for me to "ooh" and "ahh" at. I blame him for my love of the illegal stuff :p

Gabbiani: How many pounds would you say a large fire extinguisher would hold?

Scream said:

I used to live in Wellington Colorado which is just a few minutes from the Wyoming border and yes you are correct!

Gabbiani said:
As a wee little pyro-enthusiast I used to love those ones and the little sparklers that were made to look like guns. And of course at the end of every 4th of july night my dad would fire off a large bottle rocket for me to "ooh" and "ahh" at. I blame him for my love of the illegal stuff :p
lol
thats nothing, once in awhile me, my friend, and his brother throw ..hmm, what are they called...h100s? his brother throws them out of the car window and they make a huge boom, theyre pretty cool too, and im pretty sure theyre illegal too

@ scream i wish you werent joking..

Actually I am not joking. They have these ships that are actually more like a Hazard Perry than an aircraft carrier, and once the main guns are done firing, two aircraft take off by spinning in the air. They fly in crazy directions so it is always fun dodging them. The ship is about the size of two or three of those tanks lined up in a row, and about the same width.

Scream said:
How about the aircraft carriers? They shoot out of their main guns, and then little choppers take off and spin around and fly at you.
:lol: I LOVE those! The tanks that roll around under rocket power are my favorite. I didnt realize they still made them. I seem to remember jeeps as well with guys shooting machine guns from the sides (sparklers maybe):lol:

Scream said:
Actually I am not joking. They have these ships that are actually more like a Hazard Perry than an aircraft carrier, and once the main guns are done firing, two aircraft take off by spinning in the air. They fly in crazy directions so it is always fun dodging them. The ship is about the size of two or three of those tanks lined up in a row, and about the same width.
:shocked: ....must......buy...... :drool:

Back