5/18/09

true, Conan, it seems strangely that Majora's Mask is suddenly deemed the "awesomest game evar" or something. In its time it wasn't so hot imo.

I got the game when it first came out back in its day, and believe me, I was pumped. I had never been let down with a Zeldas game... until I played it. It got old fast, and eventually I no longer had the desire to attempt to advance in it. I eventually sold it.

Also, It was too much like playing an extension of Ocarina (same graphics, same controls) way too early. It seemed like it came out only months after OoT.

Last edited:
true, Conan, it seems strangely that Majora's Mask is suddenly deemed the "awesomest game evar" or something. In its time it wasn't so hot imo.

I got the game when it first came out back in its day, and believe me, I was pumped. I had never been let down with a Zeldas game... until I played it. It got old fast, and eventually I no longer had the desire to attempt to advance in it. I eventually sold it.

Also, It was too much like playing an extension of Ocarina (same graphics, same controls) way too early. It seemed like it came out only months after OoT.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majora's_Mask

It was gonna be a extension of OOT till Nintendo decided that the 64DD wouldnt be worth making worldwide due to its silly boobish name

Perhaps I should dust off the ol' N64. Hehe... Majora's Mask had one of those changing image cartridges and it was gold. Too bad it wasn't half as special as it looked.

i barely played MM. i know it wasn't the best of the Zelda series but it still rocks. i'm saving up some money for a points card so i could get it.

Playing MM was a task...

"Jaja will be looking for her kitty on day 2 at 5:53. Get the kitty from Ms. Petunia at the schoolhouse. She will only give you the kitty for some Mouse Bread. She only gives kitties at 3:25."
Yay, I got a check in my diary. This is crazy fun time!

WHERE DO I GET THE MOUSE BREAD!!! *gets frustrated, throws controller at wall, buys guide, reads guide, restarts game because of common game-killing screw-up, uses guide religiously, game stops being fun*

That's about my Majora playthrough in a nutshell.

I can understand why a lot of people didn't like Majora so much, although I thought it was pretty good. It's one of only a few games to do time travel in a way where it actually matters, even though that causes a few headaches with everything resetting and the fact that you can't take ammo and money with you. Plus, it's the only Zelda game with a plot.

Naw. Omnicidal maniac wants to end the world. I guess it's slightly less shallow. It's different. Not that bad, but also not FREAK-OUT worthy.

Back