A good Party Game for Teens to Play (4 player)

sremick said:
It was from what I read before plus the videos I saw. On revisiting the IGN page I see you can have 4-way fights but it's still a fighting game, not about working through levels and such but focused just on you fighting some other guy with special moves and such in various settings, seeing who can get the others' health down to 0 first.

I'm not saying I won't buy it... I used to play games like that a long time ago... but I'd hardly call it the ultimate party game. Wii Sports, Mario Party or Guitar Hero would be better. I'm not enthused though about the uncreative way that SSBB uses the Wii controller... you'd think they'd actually take advantage of it somehow, at lease use the nunchuk and analog stick.
No offense but you need to do more research before saying things. First of all you don't have health (unless you do stamina mode). It's mostly about knocking your opponent out of the arena. Also you can work your way through levels in the subspace emissary mode which you can do cooperativly with another player.

It is true that Brawl might not be everyone's game. But the same can be said about EVERY game ever made. Obviously you haven't played a super smash bros game before so I don't think you would know how it would fare at a party. Also why is it not a good game because it doesn't use the controller "intuitively". Does this mean all game before Wii were completely terrible because you can't point the controller at the screen to control the game? :rolleyes: This really shows you don't understand the game.

Clarke said:
No offense but you need to do more research before saying things. First of all you don't have health (unless you do stamina mode). It's mostly about knocking your opponent out of the arena. Also you can work your way through levels in the subspace emissary mode which you can do cooperativly with another player.
Well whether it's health, stamina, or knocking someone out of a ring, it's still the same genre of game: a "fighting game". Not a game of levels or puzzles or quests or a sports game or FPS or whatnot. This is a certain category of game and SSBB is one of them. It doesn't have to be a clone of Mortal Kombat to fit the genre.

It is true that Brawl might not be everyone's game. But the same can be said about EVERY game ever made.
Was I denying that? The question was, what would be the ultimate party game. Meaning, what game would have the highest chance of universal appeal. Not the game that would 100% appeal to everyone.

Also why is it not a good game because it doesn't use the controller "intuitively". Does this mean all game before Wii were completely terrible because you can't point the controller at the screen to control the game? :rolleyes: This really shows you don't understand the game.
Again, putting words in my mouth. Read again what I wrote. I said I wasn't enthused about it not making better use of the Wii controller's abilities. I didn't say the game wasn't good because of it.

Back