A question about shooting games

ZiG

WiiChat Member
May 27, 2007
So I have Red Steel, and I have noticed that where I point the wiimote doesn't coincide with where the gun shoots on the screen. If I point it right in the middle of the screen, the dot will go there, but by the time I have the dot pointed at one end of the screen, the wiimote will be pointed a few feet away from the tv. I've tried to fix this in the menu but no luck. Is it supposed to be this way? Is there a way to make it not scaled, so you shoot exactly where you are pointing, like light guns?

Well, most importantly, you should be 1-3 meters away from the TV when playing. Secondly, make sure your sensor bar is in the correct place, and you might be able to fix it by moving it further back,or forward, but try different spots for it. Unless I'm mistaken, there's a section for calibrating the pointer, but you probably tried that already... Make sure you have it set on widescreen if you have a widscreen TV, and standard if you have a standard TV. I dunno if I'm of any help, but I hope I can be. Well, if you still can't solve it, try contacting Nintendo's help service. They should be able to fix it.

first, make sure ur not too close to the screen. u should bs 2.5 to about 5 meters away fron your screen. if that dosent help, go to the wii menu, and go to wii options, its in the bottom left corner of the wii menu. go to wii settings, then go to sensor bar, and then go to calibrate sensor bar. after that, you can go back and change the sensitivity of the sensor bat. rep mehbif i helped ya =P

Err, when I go into the wii settings, all I can do is set the sensor bar to be above or below the TV (above, in my case) and adjust the sensitivity. Nothing about calibrating it..? And I am indeed within the right range. About 4m.

Larger screens can make playing more difficult I've noticed. If you think about optics, it makes sense. The sensor bar doesn't scale to the TV. Sit farther back from larger screens, or...

Try setting the sensor bar in front of the TV somewhere relative to the center point. Visualize a pyramid on its side protruding to the focal point of the screen. Then, place the sensor bar along the bottom or top plane of the pyramid based on what YOU see from where you're playing.

Sometimes it takes a few little tricks to get it to work just right.

Back