Any Updates on Wii Remote for point & shoot?

Fire Flower said:
The Wii remote has to be the most accurate console out there. ( Well besides the DS )

Stop complaining. You messed something up.

LOL, obvious Nintendo fanboy. Umm.. Did anyone say that there is a remote that is more accurate? Are there any other console systems that use a remote for pointing anymore? Uhhhh... NO! The Wii wins by default. Woo hoo.. ! Such a great point you made.
Look, I never said that the Wii remote was a bad remote. All I did was point out one thing that I hoped would be better. Next thing you know Wii fanboys come out of the woodwork to pounce on someone who claims that the Wii isn't perfect. LOL!
Lastly, and I believe I have said this already, I didn't mess anything up. There isn't much to mess up!! You put the bar at the top or bottom of the TV and set the Wii to the place where you put it. I didn't mess up in where to put the sensor bar. I followed Nintendo's directions and even more (stacking stuff up to try to get it to the absolute edge of the screen. People like you make normal, non fanboys not care to post because to have a normal conversation about a Wii (your apparent GOD system) is beyond your capability.

It's because the wiimote is mostly designed for movement. Although, it might be an idea to write in to developers like SEGA and Capcom that are making point and shoot games, to include a calibration on those games specifically. What basically happens (from what I can discern) is that it senses stuff like acceloration, rotation, distance etc. rather than a laser. Good for movement, okay (but obviously not perfect, considering different TV setups) for point and click.

I've played Resident Evil 4, and it's controls are really good. I think it's mostly on-rails shooters that suffer from non-calibration. I think most people have just kind of learned to accomodate for it.

Squall7 said:
It's because the wiimote is mostly designed for movement. Although, it might be an idea to write in to developers like SEGA and Capcom that are making point and shoot games, to include a calibration on those games specifically. What basically happens (from what I can discern) is that it senses stuff like acceloration, rotation, distance etc. rather than a laser. Good for movement, okay (but obviously not perfect, considering different TV setups) for point and click.

I've played Resident Evil 4, and it's controls are really good. I think it's mostly on-rails shooters that suffer from non-calibration. I think most people have just kind of learned to accomodate for it.

I agree completely and as I've been trying to convery, I've began to accomodate for it. I don't have near as big of a problem with it than I did in the beginning. One, because it is a bit better now and two, because I've adjusted. The truth of the matter is that if you put a laser light on 10 Wii remotes on 10 different size TVs and put people at varying distances then you will EASILY see that the will does not point right where you point it. Is it still the best at what it does? NO DOUBT! It is an awesome remote and I'm still sore from playing so much tennis. But, is it perfect and/or could it be improved? No it isn't perfect and could obviously be improved. Anyone who denies that is kidding themselves or blinded by Nintendo fanboyism. *is that a word? :crazy: *
I own and have played RE on the Wii too and I agree that the Wii remote is good for the game. It makes it more fun. But ask yourself how you would feel if there were no target on the screen to show where your Wiimote was pointing. I know I would be lost and think much lower of the game. Nintendo is smart, as is Capcom and they built the game with the target on screen so you know where you are aiming becuase they KNOW that the aiming isn't going to be right on. Kudos for RE:4. The game looks and plays beautifully.

Kainan said:
I agree completely and as I've been trying to convery, I've began to accomodate for it. I don't have near as big of a problem with it than I did in the beginning. One, because it is a bit better now and two, because I've adjusted. The truth of the matter is that if you put a laser light on 10 Wii remotes on 10 different size TVs and put people at varying distances then you will EASILY see that the will does not point right where you point it. Is it still the best at what it does? NO DOUBT! It is an awesome remote and I'm still sore from playing so much tennis. But, is it perfect and/or could it be improved? No it isn't perfect and could obviously be improved. Anyone who denies that is kidding themselves or blinded by Nintendo fanboyism. *is that a word? :crazy: *
I own and have played RE on the Wii too and I agree that the Wii remote is good for the game. It makes it more fun. But ask yourself how you would feel if there were no target on the screen to show where your Wiimote was pointing. I know I would be lost and think much lower of the game. Nintendo is smart, as is Capcom and they built the game with the target on screen so you know where you are aiming becuase they KNOW that the aiming isn't going to be right on. Kudos for RE:4. The game looks and plays beautifully.
Very true. I'm not sure if it's officially recognised as a word, but fanboyism is recognised as a slang term, if nothing else. Also, I agree with you about the whole pointer/target/crossheirs. I suppose it's a little consolation, and a slightly different experience when you know exacly where you're shooting, rather than relying on your own ability. In a way, it's more like keyboard/mouse than lightgun. Pity really, I hope they incorporate both options.

Kainan said:
LOL, obvious Nintendo fanboy. Umm.. Did anyone say that there is a remote that is more accurate? Are there any other console systems that use a remote for pointing anymore? Uhhhh... NO! The Wii wins by default. Woo hoo.. ! Such a great point you made.
Look, I never said that the Wii remote was a bad remote. All I did was point out one thing that I hoped would be better. Next thing you know Wii fanboys come out of the woodwork to pounce on someone who claims that the Wii isn't perfect. LOL!
Lastly, and I believe I have said this already, I didn't mess anything up. There isn't much to mess up!! You put the bar at the top or bottom of the TV and set the Wii to the place where you put it. I didn't mess up in where to put the sensor bar. I followed Nintendo's directions and even more (stacking stuff up to try to get it to the absolute edge of the screen. People like you make normal, non fanboys not care to post because to have a normal conversation about a Wii (your apparent GOD system) is beyond your capability.

I just posted my opinion and that is that the wii remote is very accurate and I find it odd how it's messed it up.

Second of all I have a 360 and I think it's amazing, and better than the wii in some things, but I find its easy to point and shoot. Dont try and be an Internet tough guy comrade. The wii is'nt perfect, nothing is. Oh and look at almost everyone elses posts. They either said they hav'nt had problems or you should try changing something. Someone telling you to change something is the same as telling them you messed something up. Thats what I did. So if you have to go down my throught then your going down a bunch of others.

Last edited:
Back