A rip off!!!!

BtnJoe

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
England
Wii Online Code
0268-1297-5512-7485
I have now finally decided that Nintendo are ripping us off. A Wii on its own costs 180 pounds, then another 30 for a second Wii-mote, 20 for Classic controller, Games averaging 50 each, it goes on...... Could have got a 360pro with 5 games and a steering wheel for 250. I know I will probably offend 1 or 2 of you out there, and I sincerely apologise for this, but I feel I have a valid point

Well it can be quite costly, but one thing you don't need to buy if you have a Gamecube controller already, is the classic controller. Also, some games you can get for good prices, like Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition for $30 bucks..you just have to look around.

BtnJoe said:
I have now finally decided that Nintendo are ripping us off. A Wii on its own costs 180 pounds, then another 30 for a second Wii-mote, 20 for Classic controller, Games averaging 50 each, it goes on...... Could have got a 360pro with 5 games and a steering wheel for 250. I know I will probably offend 1 or 2 of you out there, and I sincerely apologise for this, but I feel I have a valid point
You make a very INVALID point.

The Wii is very nicely priced.

As for the controller, 30 is too cheap in my opinion. Do you have any idea what is in a Wiimote?

I think the nunchuck is over priced xD

Also the wii points should've been cheaper.

yeah man i mean this system should acctually be about $500 like the 360 but its not so acctually no its not a rip off and plus if u r talking about the virtural console u can use a remote on some games

Almost everyone buys extra wiimotes for their consoles, they'd be crazy to sell them cheap when their in such high demand.

FRuMMaGe said:

As for the controller, 30 is too cheap in my opinion. Do you have any idea what is in a Wiimote?
No, I cant sat that I know what technology is in thw Wii-mote. I do know that there was 2 of the cheapest batteries on the market inside it, that ran out after 2 days!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Wii. It is an immense machine, just a tad expensive, thats all.

FRuMMaGe said:

No, I cant say that I know what technology is in the Wii-mote. I do know that there was 2 of the cheapest batteries on the market inside it, that ran out after 2 days!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Wii. It is an immense machine, just a tad expensive, thats all.

Well, you're lucky that you're in England. The Wii goes for 250 dollars over here and 70 for the nunchuck wiimote combo. Games go for 50 and that is why I want to mod my Wii. Games and stuff do come pricey but literally, what other system has motion sensor. It's the cheapest system in the generation out
there.

I bought the Wii for like 250 plus tax and every penny was worth it.

BtnJoe said:
No, I cant say that I know what technology is in the Wii-mote. I do know that there was 2 of the cheapest batteries on the market inside it, that ran out after 2 days!
It is far more advanced that any other game controller. It should be closer to 50 in all fairness

WiiFTW said:
Well, you're lucky that you're in England. The Wii goes for 250 dollars over here and 70 for the nunchuck wiimote combo. Games go for 50 and that is why I want to mod my Wii. Games and stuff do come pricey but literally, what other system has motion sensor. It's the cheapest system in the generation out
there.

I bought the Wii for like 250 plus tax and every penny was worth it.
Which means they're ripping off us English even more!!!!!!
250 dollers is about 130 pounds

BtnJoe said:
Which means they're ripping off us English even more!!!!!!
250 dollers is about 130 pounds
That is the exchange rate. It is not that simple when actually purchasing it in those countries.

You will find that most things are the same amount of dollars that they are in pounds

Either way, Nintendo are on to a good number with this one, and they know it. I begrudge having to pay it, but because I love my Wii, I'll pay it.
And hey, it's cheaper than crack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey u guys, he is entitled to his opinion.
Although, I think the Wii is priced just right. Not too high, not too low. Most people like to think of the Wii as an overpriced gamecube X 2. But in fact and I Quote "The Wii is Next Generation" and more. Well worth the cost!
Again many would disagree.
But my friend, just give them a little more time (developers and publishers) and you will b glad you made the investment!

surfinrach90 said:
Almost everyone buys extra wiimotes for their consoles, they'd be crazy to sell them cheap when their in such high demand.
Everything about the Wii is pretty much in demand. It's why there hasn't been a price drop - what's the point in dropping the price when the demand is still so high? That's bad buisness sense.

If there was a price drop, there would be even more demand for a console that is already notorious for being sparse.

Back