accidental switch to 480p

friedriceballer

WiiChat Member
Apr 16, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wii Online Code
5225-4471-7757-0981
I accidentally switched to 480p for video settings and it screwed up my video output for the Wii, so is there anyway I can reset my Wii to factory settings without using the Wii's internal software?

yo in the future, if it happens again, just shut it off, plug your old cable in and fix it. it absolutely will not/can not do 480p over the composite

Hahahaha, you know what the thing is, today I went out and bought a component video cable for my Wii, plugged it in, and changed the setting to the HDTV/EDTV setting of 480p, which then proceeded to screw-up the video output, since I thought my TV might have been EDTV, despite it not being so...to solve it, i navigated blindly back to the TV resolution screen and changed it back to 480i...HUUUUUUUUGE sigh of relief there, I was afraid I'd hafta do a hard reset and erase my game data in the process

jus. said:
yo in the future, if it happens again, just shut it off, plug your old cable in and fix it. it absolutely will not/can not do 480p over the composite

I tried that, but when you do that, since the Wii's video data output is @ 480p, you don't see anything, in fact, your TV doesn't even recognize that the video cable is plugged in...

My Wii automatically changes for some reason, when I change cables. The first time I forgot to to change it back and I got the black screen so, I pulled the power plug and it was back to normal the next time.
Ever since it automatically adjusted the resolution according to the cables =\

friedriceballer said:
I tried that, but when you do that, since the Wii's video data output is @ 480p, you don't see anything, in fact, your TV doesn't even recognize that the video cable is plugged in...

?

the wii wont try and output a 480p signal if the component cable isnt there....

so, like jus. said, plug the old cable back in, then the wii will start up in its standard output

Back