Action Replay

bln_f said:
Name me one good reason why you should use AR and other cloning/cheating devices.
AR - for cloning, Tm's, Rare Candies, Speed up egg hatching, Speed up egg reproduction, Acquiring things you know would be impossible to acquire yourself.

Cloning: Cloned Pokemon can be viewed as legit or illegit. Either way this isn't much of a problem to the general public as why should I keep some awesome Pokemon to myself when I can clone it and trade with other people who have awesome Pokemon I need. Face it, you wouldn't want to keep re-breeding for the same Pokemon just to have the same Iv's. (This is taking into account that you are a competitive trader/battler. People who only breed for themselves would probably not want to clone eh?)

Tm's: I sure don't want to spend 40+ bucks on a new Pokemon game just to re-acquire some Tm's that I need. Sure you can trade with another person, but meh, they probably hacked the Tm's and if they didn't they may end up needing that Tm in the near future.

Rare Candies: Seeing as how candies don't affect stats (excluding the overall growth that the Pokemon needs, not the beneficial bonus through training), Rare Candies can save time and thus go back to breeding.

Egg hatch/reproduction: I can somewhat understand a person when he discourages this, but with this it speeds up the process of stock of your Pokemon which we all would love. Nothing more I can say.

Acquiring things you can't get: Namely being something like Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus. Some people who live in outside countries from the states and Japan and aren't open to Nintendo events obviously can't get things like this. And if you lived somewhere in the Islands of Samoa and loved Pokemon, you honestly won't spend hundreds of dollars on plane tickets just to get over to some event.

That's all I can think of (Staying on the positive side). I could look on the negative side saying:

Cloning isn't the original, and the original is the legit one of the bunch.
Tm's: There are reasons why there are only one Tm of most of these, it's because it's supposed to be rare, etc. etc.

Rare Candies: That's the point of battling, to get experience, not to make your Pokemon fat and not train the right way.

Egg reproduction/hatching: That's just unfair, we have to spend 3 minutes going up and down while you go up and down in a feew seconds, bla bla bla.

Acquiring things you can't get: That's why they are called events, it's to encourage people to come together, and some other stuff, etc. etc. (can't think of anything else on this one)

But then again as D S said, it's just pixels. I'm in it for the competitive play, not to pretend like their real. Unless someone can make some real life simulator or something that opinion may be changed or whatever, but lets be real, that will never happen.

-Tried saying both sides at the least, can't blame me for that-

Yeah...

I agree. It has its positive and negative sides. But I still think everyone should get one. They may be cheap, but as I said before, they are alot of fun as well. By the way, I hate to spam up my own thread and all, but do you have, or know anybody who does have a Lv. 100 Male Camerupt, or a Lv. 100 Male Gyarados? I will trade any pokemon that I have. Please help me out. I have a big battle tomorrow afternoon, and I need these pokemon for my perfect party. Please help me find them!

lol@ AR + Pokemans.

Seriously. Pokesav puts AR to shame.
Edit any variable of your game :shifty: .

But you have to like pokemans more than I did.
I stopped when I beat the Elite Four (with sort-of-hacked pokemans. They were just bumped up to be what they'd be at that level to save some time, yo.)

If you wanna play with pokemon with IVs, EVs, nature, shinyness, etc of your choice, play on a simulator like Shoddy Battle. If you wanna play on your DS, don't hack, train your pokemon n00bs.
I personally am against quick egg hatching.

Half the people posting don't understand stuff like IVs and think that you're just speeding up stuff, you try breeding a pokemon with desirable nature, and 31 across the board, plus shiny.

And the definition of a hacked pokemon isn't if it passes a cheat detector or not...

I think I agree with massi4h? Definitely agree with using Shoddy Battle if you want to be altering those kinds of things (iv's, nature, ev's, etc.)

But in the end, this debate will never end. It will go into a complete utter cycle of morals and conducts on a persons view point. That's all I can really say.

I agree and disagree at the same time. Its alot of mixed feelings. While I don't hack shines, or ivs...I do speed breed, but not use modifiers....speed breeding, when I know I have gone through 400 good bulbasuars in a day, looking for the timid hp ice above 60 that was by my own work...Somethings are obviously wrong. Pokesaving a shiny starmie with max ivs and timid. Yes, thats wrong.
But is breeding things quickly, honeing the ivs, by checking each generation and useing the best to hone in that golden set....

Minor note, ive gotten hp 70 in just about every hp except ice.

hello ppl am dark manic and i can do pokesav codes for any of u guys pm me or email me for request but there will be a price dont worry am not that mean its a simple thing ok laters

Back