Adding a Power Adapter to the Sensor Bar

paperstreethacks said:
That's not always practical, say you have a projection television.

Besides, what is this "no modification" stuff you speak of?

Modifications are fine if they increase performance or make the gameplay experience all that much better.

Master Wii said:
Modifications are fine if they increase performance or make the gameplay experience all that much better.

I agree... for the bold, even non performance based modifications are fun..

I am not saying that modding the Wii case to look like a [?] block fromm Super Mario Brothers is on my todo list (hmmm), although I think case modding takes an array of talent....

This particular modification allows me to play my Wii on say, a projection screen, or as I am attempting this week, the local 1 screen movie theater.

paperstreethacks said:
I agree... for the bold, even non performance based modifications are fun..

I am not saying that modding the Wii case to look like a [?] block fromm Super Mario Brothers is on my todo list (hmmm), although I think case modding takes an array of talent....

This particular modification allows me to play my Wii on say, a projection screen, or as I am attempting this week, the local 1 screen movie theater.

:shocked: Wii on the silver screen?

Yeah.... Hehe here's preview..

2ivbqll.jpg

but basically bobby1212 has the idea.. i am gonna put the Wii Sensor bar on a stand in the row in front of the row we sit/stand/flail in... so the screen will appear to be full size in front of them, but the virtual "Window" that the user is interacting with is smaller...

like bobby's picture below

4i3fy14.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah should have noted above that the reason why i made this is because the projection room/ digital theater projector is.. oh say.. 100 feet back from us...
I looked, I don't have any RCA cable that long...

Very smart homebrew. I like this one a little more then just the 3 AAA batteries paired with some LEDs. Much more professional looking.

Yeah, it seems the standard power bar cannot be converted well to a 9V battery pack. It drains two after about 15hrs or so... ouch...

paperstreethacks said:
Yeah should have noted above that the reason why i made this is because the projection room/ digital theater projector is.. oh say.. 100 feet back from us...
I looked, I don't have any RCA cable that long...

100 feet of RCA cable would be waaaaaaay expensive. We have a projector as well, so we ordered one online. It comes in the mail in a day or two, we'll see how it goes.

I think it's the actual product that one guy tried to pretend he "found" on eBay, but I don't know where they are coming from. Doesn't seem to be Nyko's...

300" projection screen

i dont know we have a epson movie mate 25 and my wii works just fine on it even at max 300" ....OH AND WE HAVE TO WII's...hard to get those kids to share..and it also works just fine on theyre zoom box..........as does theyre 360's....but the wii main tv iss a 42 inch plasma that hangs nicely in the living room...so the sensor bar being more portable is a real plus for someone who wants to move the way away....i would like to see longer composite cables though......how about some 40' cable....

Back