All Things Hockey

Syntax said:
Sorry I didn't see that.

On www.NHL.com you can now pre order the new RBK Nhl jerseys for $114.99. Which to be honest is a good price considering most stores usually jack the prices up. Just found that interesting. Oh and apparently there's a Jersey sale as well with up to 40% off on certain jerseys.

this answers my question about "is every team getting a new jersey" and that answer is yes, if you notice when you shop for a jersey for a team who has not released its new Rbk Edge style jersey, it will say "no photo available" for the "new 2007 Rbk New Jersey Devils jersey" but if you look at say the Washington Capitals, the picture will be there of their new jerseys. so yupp. looks like everyones getting new jerseys for 2007

More information regarding the Canucks new jersey:

Jim Jamieson, CanWest News Service; Vancouver Province
Published: Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Article tools

VANCOUVER - It's top secret.

The Vancouver Canucks will unveil their new jersey design Aug. 29, the first revamp since 1997, but because of iron-clad security surrounding the event and the fact suppliers, retailers and all other stakeholders have signed non-disclosure agreements to keep silent, we can't tell you what it looks like.

What we can tell you, though, is the following about the fifth incarnation of Canuck colours:

- In keeping with the "RBK Edge" uniforms, which will be worn by all 30 NHL teams this season, the jersey will have a slimmer look and are expected to have vertical trim instead of horizontal.

- According to a source in the apparel industry, the new look will retain the Free Willy logo, but with fewer colours and Vancouver spelled in an arc out over the top of it. The same source said the 'hockey-stick-in-rink logo' that is the Canucks' original and adorned the team's retro-jersey will be used as shoulder patches, but with some modifications.

- It's expected the main colours will be changed to the lighter blue and green of the aforementioned retro-jersey.

Of course none of this can be confirmed until the Canucks officially show their new look a week from Wednesday, but we did ask independent fashion designer Isabelle Dunlop for her thoughts on the confirmed and expected changes.

"The slimmer look is definitely better," said Dunlop, an admitted hockey fan. "It will give it a more modern look. These guys are fit, they're athletes, so show the product. There are a lot of girls who like to watch hockey."

She said vertical striping will give the jersey a further slimming look.

As for the speculated colour change, Dunlop gave it thumbs up.

"I have such a soft spot for the old colours, the navy and green - they're classic," she said. "Fantastic, they work really well. Navy is hitting the fashion world right now. That's brilliant."

Asked which Canuck player she might pick to model the uniform, she chose Trevor Linden, who actually hasn't re-signed with the Canucks yet - unless he secretly did so in the last couple of days - but you get the idea.

"Trevor Linden would be a good choice, he's nice and tall," she said. "I think he embodies the look you want."

Tim Silk, a professor of marketing at University of British Columbia's Sauder School of Business, said there's always a danger in changing the look of a uniform that is already popular.

"I believe that currently there is a pretty high satisfaction level with the look," he said. "But I think it's pretty neat that when you go to a game you have so many different jerseys (worn by fans) in the arena. It gives you a great sense of history."

Silk said he hopes that the team keeps the orca whale logo.

"I know people love having the orca in the logo and the native design is really positive," he said. "It expresses the characteristics of the market it's in probably more than any other NHL jersey."

Of course, the emergence of a new design also leads to ramped up sales - because any true Canucks fan wants to have the latest colours to wear.

"There has been a ton of interest amongst the kids and a lot of women," said Danny Luongo (no relation to Canucks goaltender Roberto), owner and manager of Larry's Sports in North Vancouver. "There' is so much street talk, it's crazy. We do a lot of business in jerseys, especially at Christmas. We'll see a bump-up as a result of this."

After all, isn't that what this is all about?

Vancouver Province

Well I assume all Jersey's will be changed to the new style, just not everyone will have new logo's to go with it.

ilikecookies said:
Only joking. How are the Sens a joke?:wink:

Look at their captain and supporting cast :lol:
I dunno, its just the rivalry and I am a big leaf fan, so I don't like the sens at all.

Also, Heatley better get locked up or he may be a leaf this offseason, or we send good ol' Spezza an offer sheet, and screw em over :lol:

Sens will be tough as usual. As a Sabres fan, I am still reeling from the offseason. I figured we would lose either Briere or Drury, but not BOTH!

Back