An interesting find at nintendo.com

Prime Hunters and I am pretty sure it's multiplayer or will be just because of the demand

CaseyCor said:
This is true, but at the same time, its a METROID game. Metroid is a 1 player adventure. Thats what the game has always been about, and always will. A multi-player mode would we awesome, but I wouldn't let it be deciding factor in purchasing it or not, because the game at its core is a single player adventure.

not necessarily true. both prime 2 and hunters have been online, and they are the two most recent adds to the series.

I don't care about multiplayer, I played 2 and Hunter's multiplayer and immediatley went back to playing Halo 2.

I hope there's reduced backtracking and no dead time, I found the Metroid Prime games to be too tedius and boring at times.

"If it was 1P it would out now" just sounds ignorant. We don't know why the delay occured. Why was SMG delayed? For online multiplayer?

Metroid has been about the single-player experience. Yes, there's been multiplayer but it wasn't that great. Not every game has to have multiplayer. I am quite willing to pay $50 for a great Prime 3 game because I place a great value on single player/

RedProdigy said:
"If it was 1P it would out now" just sounds ignorant. We don't know why the delay occured. Why was SMG delayed? For online multiplayer?

Metroid has been about the single-player experience. Yes, there's been multiplayer but it wasn't that great. Not every game has to have multiplayer. I am quite willing to pay $50 for a great Prime 3 game because I place a great value on single player/
Exactly. Multiplayer and Online would be AWESOME (if done right..), but it's really about the 1 player experience. Now, something cool to think about..a co-op mode. Nintendo did say they were thinkng about a multi-player mode but "not in the same vein as Prime 2", so this may be a good possibility, and would be VERY cool if done right, IMO.

FWELR said:
have you played the demo? if you haven't, then don't talk about it.

Um, he said it doesn't look good, he didn't say it wasn't good. And he can talk about it if he wants to, he's just expressing his opinion. :frown2:

FR. said:
Um, he said it doesn't look good, he didn't say it wasn't good. And he can talk about it if he wants to, he's just expressing his opinion. :frown2:

yeah, i know he can. that's why this a public forum. i was just wondering why he said he didn't look good, and so i assumed that he hadn't played the demo. i've only seen the demo and it looks good. i guess i should've said that instead of what i said. guess it made me come across as a jerk, didn't it :wink:? ah, well, so yeah, just look at the demo, that might change your opinion.

But hes wrong...it looks excellent. I seriously don't know how anyone can honestly say it doesn't "look good" after watching the vids. But w/e maybe hes just blind.

Back