An Pokemon MMO?

I think it would be good, if it was done right.
It wouldn't be as great as WoW, but it would be something that I'd like to try out. Heck, I still want to try out LOTR Online.

A pokemon MMORPG would be great, i play and love/enjoy World of warcraft and i was a big, big fan of the pokemon games on GB(A).

MMO's imo are one of the best things thats happened to video games, and are close to my fave type of game.

Anyway, in reply to T3kNi9e's post:
I agree that pokemon games would be crap without any real story or timeline. But MMO's dont necassarily have to take away that aspect of the game.

Ideas such as:
- Teaming up with other players to complete tasks/parts in the storyline.
- Choosing your own path as to how you want your players story to go. (eg the life of crime - to work for team rocket, to become a pokemon master... things like that).
- Enter Leagues/tournaments and compete against other players from all around the world, gain ranks from wins and have the privelege to compete in higher-rated tournaments.. with the ability to team up with other players and compete in a doubles tournament.

- The list of ideas is endless :) (these are only a few things i can think of, and would seperate a pokemon MMO from all the other tedious MMO's like wow)

I don't know how old this post is or how I got to it, but here's my input:

There are some fan-made buggy, low-quality pokemon MMORPGs out there, some of them are fake, but I know some are real. Judging from videos on youtube, they're not great, one even shut down.

But still, adding a 3D MMORPG element to Pokemon would be awesome. Battling would involve controlling your pokemon as they are sent out in a 3D format. Instead of taking turns, a new aspect that involves more skill would be superb.

Also, making different factions would be ideal, being able to team up pokemon, trade them, move aroudn and fight as them, all while maintaining a ranking and tournament system and different modes of play. For instance, Story mode. Or strictly a battle mode, using borrowed pokemon sets set to a certain level verses other borrowed sets like was done in Pokemon Stadium, or importing your own pokemon from the story mode to verse people on or around the same level as them.

Many suggestions, but an MMORPG can improve the entire pokemon atmosphere and bring in safe competition and millions of players worldwide. It would be a dream come true.

All of this is coming from someone who hasn't watched Pokemon or played the cards or video games since elementary school. It's an excellent game and it deserves a spot in the MMORPG world!

Back