Anti-Microsoft

kidtmnt

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
Ive been using Microsoft my whole life and it works really well. But I dont understand why some people are against using and buying Microsoft products. Why are some people anti-Microsoft?

i don't know...unless they HATE microsoft, i don't think they are anti-microsoft (they might just like different software) but as for the people who hate it, i guess they just don't like things that other people think are good (like Halo...big fan base and big ant-base lol)

ive been using microsoft all my life. and i can safely say i HATE them. as i type from a windows based machine right now, this thing could give me a problem at any time. i have had more problems that were random as hell with windows, than any one of my friends with macs or linux.
i run windows only because of compatibility and because i am used to it.

my biggest gripe with microsoft is lack of quality in their products. take vista for example, it has been a disaster so far with many, many, many software and driver issues. i worked on a guys laptop with vista and that was enough for me. point is, they are the richest company in the world, yet to me their products lack(as far as operating systems) quality. 90 percent of the "new" features in vista have been on macs for years, which is another reason i do not like them. they are not original. ipod then zune. iphone, now zune phone.....etc.

so that is my two cents...since you asked.

I think you are referring a lot to the now new anti-sony setiment that has without a doubt built up in the marketing starting with the induction on the Xbox last generation of console hardware.

There are many that are tired of Sony; they want a new king in a matter of speaking; However a lot of people don't really want to see Microsoft in a position of power in the gaming industry (and comes in Nintendo once again and there new fantastic little Wii). For one thing you can't really stop it. Microsoft has put out two top quality consoles with fantastic games to boot. It's honestly one of the few things MS does exceeding well without many flaws.

I mean Microsoft has pretty much invented online console gaming (making it something that all consoles must have) and they only build from there software experience to put out amazing titles like halo.

Personally i would love to see mircosoft show sony a thing or two.

Why post this in the 360 section??
Anyways dedpoet777 pretty much sums it up for most of the Microsoft haters, who will probably agree that the only really useful thing Microsoft has made is Notepad...

Prez said:
Why post this in the 360 section??
Anyways dedpoet777 pretty much sums it up for most of the Microsoft haters, who will probably agree that the only really useful thing Microsoft has made is Notepad...

Microsoft XBOX 360 Elite :thumbsup:

i have no gripe with windows at all. i NEVER have problems. my PC only gets turned off when i install something that requires it and never before, not even from crashes. however i know how to use it! i dont download random things that can harm my computer and if something does get on my PC (last infection according to my virus/spyware/adware scanner was 4 months ago). my anti virus nails it in seconds flat. when i install something i NEVER give it the option to start up during windows startup or if its mandatory for the install, ill remove the entry from my registry. when i uninstall something i make sure it is GONE. i have a program that keeps a log of every installation and goes through and deletes every file installed by a program plus its registry entry. it may seem like work but im used to it and i do it pretty fast. the one time ive used a Mac, it took forever to load any app, kept freezing, and then finally crashed. im not saying all Macs are like that but first impressions mean alot. (never played with Linux though. might download a Linux Live CD to try it out)

Mitch2025 said:
i have no gripe with windows at all. i NEVER have problems. my PC only gets turned off when i install something that requires it and never before, not even from crashes. however i know how to use it! i dont download random things that can harm my computer and if something does get on my PC (last infection according to my virus/spyware/adware scanner was 4 months ago). my anti virus nails it in seconds flat. when i install something i NEVER give it the option to start up during windows startup or if its mandatory for the install, ill remove the entry from my registry. when i uninstall something i make sure it is GONE. i have a program that keeps a log of every installation and goes through and deletes every file installed by a program plus its registry entry. it may seem like work but im used to it and i do it pretty fast. the one time ive used a Mac, it took forever to load any app, kept freezing, and then finally crashed. im not saying all Macs are like that but first impressions mean alot. (never played with Linux though. might download a Linux Live CD to try it out)
That Mac must have been screwed up. I actually did a science project on the speed of Mac VS Windows. Mac does the more processor intensive stuff faster than Windows. Windows does 3D games better but who buys a Mac for games? I have also never had a crash on my Mac except when one of the little chinese slave workers that make ten cents a day didn't put the RAM in all the way. I would definitely try Linux too. I like it almost as much as Mac.

they are anti microsoft becuase they are fools. they are fanboys that love either Sony or Nintendo ONLY. idiots...absolute idiots...in 10 years time they will look back and laugh at them selves, and be embarrased to mention it.

paintba||er said:

That Mac must have been screwed up. I actually did a science project on the speed of Mac VS Windows. Mac does the more processor intensive stuff faster than Windows. Windows does 3D games better but who buys a Mac for games? I have also never had a crash on my Mac except when one of the little chinese slave workers that make ten cents a day didn't put the RAM in all the way. I would definitely try Linux too. I like it almost as much as Mac.

yes you are correct. the reasons the macs used to be faster(not now since the intel switch) was because the ibm chips they used had a high front side bus (2000mhz). most intel chips run at 533-800mhz fsb, but now theyre getting up to 1066mhz fsb. point is, higher fsb is faster processing but also a more expensive chip.

amd chips high very high fsb and that is why the dual cores are so fast and so pricy. whereas the intel dual cores are cheap. but now that macs use intel, they will not be as fast because of less fsb, but they will still be cheaper to make. fsb is a major help when it comes to graphics and video processing as well, which is why macs were favored for video editing, and still are.

now that apple has intel they are making some very cheap, very very powerful computers for the price.

---edit---
for example im building a computer to sell it. im putting in a intel dual core 2.8ghz, with 800mhz front side bus. it is $85 dollars. an amd that is a dual core, 2.8 ghz, with 2000mhz front side bus is $255 . you pay for that fsb, but it comes out in games and processing BIGTIME!

Last edited:
dedpoet777 said:
yes you are correct. the reasons the macs used to be faster(not now since the intel switch) was because the ibm chips they used had a high front side bus (2000mhz). most intel chips run at 533-800mhz fsb, but now theyre getting up to 1066mhz fsb. point is, higher fsb is faster processing but also a more expensive chip.

amd chips high very high fsb and that is why the dual cores are so fast and so pricy. whereas the intel dual cores are cheap. but now that macs use intel, they will not be as fast because of less fsb, but they will still be cheaper to make. fsb is a major help when it comes to graphics and video processing as well, which is why macs were favored for video editing, and still are.

now that apple has intel they are making some very cheap, very very powerful computers for the price.

---edit---
for example im building a computer to sell it. im putting in a intel dual core 2.8ghz, with 800mhz front side bus. it is $85 dollars. an amd that is a dual core, 2.8 ghz, with 2000mhz front side bus is $255 . you pay for that fsb, but it comes out in games and processing BIGTIME!
Well I am using an Intel Mac and for the project I did I ran both Windows and Mac on the same hardware. This is kind of like what I did.

paintba||er said:

Well I am using an Intel Mac and for the project I did I ran both Windows and Mac on the same hardware. This is kind of like what I did.

wow that is interesting! i would have thought with intel you would have the same results.

what were the specs of your computer?

also i wonder if boot camp itself would have slowed the process down on the windows side, or if the mac os is just faster at processing.

Back