Anybody have splinter cell for wii?

zachp18

me two game systems below
Mar 4, 2007
The land of 10,000 lakes
Wii Online Code
6651-9695-6213-2367
I might get splinter cell for wii, but am not sure about the controls. Are they any good. Also are there any gliches that are annoying? I have always been a fan of the series. The game just got a $10 dollar price drop at my local walmart so i am interested in buying it. If you could tell me a little bit about the overall game it would be great!

i rented it a few days ago. No offense to the wii or anything, but IMO this game isnt so good at first. The controls are hard as hell to learn and the camera gets on your nerves a lot. I recommend that you rent the game first. Im sure the game is a lot better than i say it is. I just gave up on it the first day trying the learn the controls, but im sure once you get used to them its a lot easier. I've heard people say that once you get used to the controls "its like a second nature" to them at least. Maybe ill give it another try today. But still, i say rent it first.

I own it and I have to say its pretty good. It has its moments where it gets frustrating but control wise, its not as bad as everyone says. Graphically, its a LOT lower then what they could of done, but it was just a quick port of the PS2 version. I agree with Guitarshamsher108, if you can, hire it first before you buy it just so you get the feel of it and if it is something you want to own.

Even if it has a 10$ drop it still isn't worth it. I have the game, and I'm disapointed, because the controls aren't well made with the Wiimote, grafics are so boring, and there are some gliches. Save the money, and buy Super Paper Mario, it's the best new game at this moment.

this game is in my top 3... of the worst games on the Wii... I rent it and didnt even finished the first mission ( don't get me wrong I loooove splinter cell) but this port is so wrong!

Guitarsmasher108 said:
i rented it a few days ago. No offense to the wii or anything, but IMO this game isnt so good at first. The controls are hard as hell to learn and the camera gets on your nerves a lot. I recommend that you rent the game first. Im sure the game is a lot better than i say it is. I just gave up on it the first day trying the learn the controls, but im sure once you get used to them its a lot easier. I've heard people say that once you get used to the controls "its like a second nature" to them at least. Maybe ill give it another try today. But still, i say rent it first.

Like i said i would, i tried this game again today and i was right, the controls did get fairly easy. There's about an hour of a learning curve to this game. This being my first Splinter Cell game, i dont know how to compare this one to other ones theyve made in the past. But i would give this game an 8-8.5 out of 10. You just have to learn how to cope with the controls (i.e. the camera)

I'm a fan of Splinter Cell games. But this is a playstation 2 port with Wii controls bolted on. However it mostly works well - I had the controls nailed after 20 minutes. More specifically, jumping and leaning against the wall controls leave a little to be desired when executed at crucial moments.(raise\tilt the nunchunk)

The Camera can sway somewhat annoyingly when climbing or in close quarters which can be resolved with a little perserverance.

The graphics are the whole aren't great, even the original Xbox Splinter Cell looks better generally speaking. Lack of Anti-Aliasing, colours seem grainy etc. Frame Rate seems to vary between 25-60. It seems to be dependent on the level your playing.

The game itself, is quite enjoyable for a Splinter Cell game. The Jail Break level is particularly good.

This game is playable and enjoyable given a little time. The 1st Mission is ****, and almost put me off which I can understand why people didn't enjoy this. Lets face it, most people on seemingly have very little attention span in comparision to us older games. However ever since the 2nd Mission onwards - its been great.

Haven't played to Co-op 2 player game yet.

Would only recommend this to Splinter Cell fans. This game require requires a little brain and a little brawl. Also Patience comes in handy (Its a stealth em up remember!).

Splinter Cell is better than Call Of Duty 3 in my opinion. It requires a little more thought and planning. Call Of Duty 3 had the same crappy conversion job done, but at least Splinter Cell is 2 player and is more varied.

For people who want this in the UK - its £14.99 on Play.com!

And Super Monkey Ball is £19.99 in GAME as well.

Last edited:
Back