Anyone got FIFA 08 yet?

Mr Money said:
Wii Version Has Glitch, Invisable Player!
Is it Nani by any chance? Or just randomly different players? (By the way, I don't play as Man U, I f*cking hate them, its just as one of the Challenges you have to be Man U, and I hate Giggs so played Nani, and he was invisible : /)

Just been playing online, and I really do like this game, the only problem I have with it is the shooting, on occasions. This is because as somebody said, I'll be through on goal, go to shoot, and nothing! The power control is rather hard, I find that most of the time the high-power shots are best though so I always try and fly the remote upwards! Or if I'm doing a finesse shot I always try for high power because anything else is usually too weak from the edge of the box. Am I correct in believing that the Nunchuck controls the spin when shooting in play, like from dead balls?

I also have trouble being able to kick the ball out of the keepers hands, when I swing the remote up it just doesn't do anything, or half the time he throws it! One other thing that I miss and kind of need, is the first touch thing. Obviously there's right analog stick to do this, but the amount of times when a better first touch, or knocking the ball ahead and sprinting past the player, would have put me near a goalscoring opportunity has been unbelievable! I guess I'm going to have to change my style of play to previous Fifa games.

McCloud, I think you should get the game even though it doesn't have the career mode. It will be a task to win every trophy and complete all of the challenges, plus there's your online record that you'll want to better all the time. If your willing to look past the things that Fifa might not have, and accept what it does, it will be a very good game for you. Once you master the controls and start getting rather good at the game, it does get very fun! If you don't want both games then you'll just have to wait until PES is out and then decide which one you want.

Wh15ky, usually when you press A to pass the ball to another player, the player which is intending to receive the ball automatically gets the cursor, so you should be able to control him before he receives the ball. I must say though I never pass by holding the A button and flicking the Wiimote, I prefer just pressing A and the direction...I don't usually play longer ground passes, more like quick short passes then a decisive through ball or something, so the standard pass is fine for me.

Evolve, I guess it depends on the situation, but usually your best with trying to go for full-powered shot. I just slam the Wiimote upwards as hard as I can because when I started I struggled to get full power, even though I thought I was swinging it quite hard! The only time I use the finesse shot is when I'm trying to bend one round the keeper from 25 yards out, but it's not as easy as it was on Fifa 07! Sometimes I use it when I'm closing in to the goal on an angle to put it in the far corner, but it doesn't always work. But as I said, I think the best bet is full-powered shots, then depending on the location aim it low or high. And if spin is controlled by the Nunchuck on open shots, then, again it depends on your location!

Wh15ky, usually when you press A to pass the ball to another player, the player which is intending to receive the ball automatically gets the cursor, so you should be able to control him before he receives the ball.

I mean with long passes and long through balls. Im used to Pro Evo and in Pro Evo 6 when you perform a through ball (in particular) you can quickly select the player that it is heading towards and try to muscle him in front of the defender to reach the ball first.

Yeungy said:
I'm just interested to see if anyone has any comments or reviews as I am yet to get it. I want to know if the gameplay makes up for the poor graphics.

I got this game last Friday and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I wouldn't say thre graphics were poor at all, in fact they are pretty good. Some of the players look a bit off, but some of them are spot on. The gameplay is good, and well paced. I'm currently playing on amateur level, purely to get up to speed on the controls. It doesn't tale long to get the hang of but shooting is a little frustrating as it's hard to guage the power of your shot.

Whoops said:
I think its great. Iv played the 360 version and yes it has better graphics but if you want fun then the Wii version is so much better. Yes the controls are difficult to master but that encourages me to play it even more so that i can master them. Im going to have a game online later tonight and i cant wait for that.

Dont know bout anyone else, but I think the graphics are good? Just played a demo of PES 2008 on the PC, graphics are smoother and higher texture on pitch, but the player models dont look better, overall I would say the difference is minimal.

I Really Like FIFA 08! Its Fun To Play But None Of The Players Look Like What They Do In Real Life!:lol:

Wh15ky said:
I mean with long passes and long through balls. Im used to Pro Evo and in Pro Evo 6 when you perform a through ball (in particular) you can quickly select the player that it is heading towards and try to muscle him in front of the defender to reach the ball first.

would i be able to post a link please?

thanks

one thing i have noticed, team ratings do seem to make a real difference on the pitch, on multiplayer

now i am certainly not a good player, I would consider myself to be the lower end of average.

I play with stoke City, who are a 3 star team, so far i have won 3 and lost 4 (also had 3 people disconect half way through a game when i was winning, but that didnt give me wins or losses which I feel is a little unfair but hey it happens)

the teams I have lost against were manchester united 3 times, and a spanish team that i didnt recognise the name of (was 4 stars if i remember correctly) whilst I have beaten leeds, marsseile (however you spell it) and rangers.

I have definatly noticed, that when playing agaisnt Man Utd, their player speeds are noticbly faster.

Of course that is all part of the game.

What is a real shame, and this will always happen with online games, there are a certain number of people, who play always to use the scripted goals, the moment they get the ball, you can see they make the same pass run the same distance and then cross from the same place.

Back