anyone know a way for this to work?

Jtrain

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
I have a laptop with a broadband access card and built in wireless g. is there a way to get it to act as a router so that I can get my wii online?

Not possible as far as I am aware. I take it you access the internet just using the broadband access card plugged into your laptop? If that's the case, it won't work, you need a physical modem connection to cable/DSL with a wired/wireless router for the Wii(depending on what way you decide to connect the Wii to the internet.

I'm pretty sure that what you've got won't work, but perhaps someone else can confirm this for me.

I haven't tried it with the Wii, but have done this to give other computers internet access in the past.
You connect to your internet via the ethernet cable as normal on the laptop.
In network connections, open that connection, probably called "local area connection" and in the properties, look for an option to "share this internet connection". Choose the wireless card and it should let you setup a connection.

Now again, I have no clue if the Wii will be able to connect to this sort of network, but other computers can. If anyone knows the specific ports the Wii needs, you can add those to the list.

No, No, No

I Use This Method For My Other Game Consoles, And It Works Perfectly, But Does Not Work For The Wii!!!!!!!!

Pc Does Not Detect The Lan Connection!!!

Confirmed For The Datel Lan Adapter!!!!!

What A Waste Of $30.00!!!!

Wii Error Code:51420

Yes. Worked for me. Share the connection from wired to wireless, wireless IP becomes gateway, setup dns/subnetmask etc. into wii, explained a thousand times before. See related threads a page or two down... look for thread "College internet".. it's around there.

yeah if you share your connection then you can connect to it as a Peer to Peer network and not an access point. thats assuming the Wii can connect to anything other than access point networks

Back