Anyone return Guitar Hero 3 to Activision?

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
Has anyone returned it to Activision? I think I might. However, do you just simply put all the stuff back in the crappy packaging and ship it like that? If that's the case, I foresee Activision receiving TONS of busted up GH3 packages. Here's what I'm afraid of: Activision receiving a busted up GH3 package from me and not refunding the money, and UPS refusing to pay out insurance claims due to inadequate packaging (which really is the case).

So has anyone actually done it? What did you ship the stuff in? Did you at least brown wrap the GH3 box/carton thing?

Atomheart said:
Ummmm...no.

I'm not looking to replace the disk. I want to return the whole thing and get my money back.

go to activisiongameexchange.com, then go to the bottom of the page it has a link to get a refund of the game, explains it as well

Why exactly do you want to get your money back?

If you bought a game normally, taking it back to a store after using it just because you didn't like it, would get you laughed at. If it's down to the mono sound, you can get the disc replaced.

If the guitar is broken, then take the whole thing bac to where you bought it, and they'll replace it all, as long as it's within the warranty timeframe.

So why exactly are you after getting your money back? Beat the game and just want your $90 or whatever it is back?

emtee23 said:
Why exactly do you want to get your money back?

If you bought a game normally, taking it back to a store after using it just because you didn't like it, would get you laughed at. If it's down to the mono sound, you can get the disc replaced.

If the guitar is broken, then take the whole thing bac to where you bought it, and they'll replace it all, as long as it's within the warranty timeframe.

So why exactly are you after getting your money back? Beat the game and just want your $90 or whatever it is back?

I don't play the game. I have the opportunity to return it. Therefore, I will.

It's quite simple, really.

If you can't return it, I bet you can find someone to buy it off you. Heck, I think I'm going to buy Mario Galaxy off this kid who doesn't like it.

Deal for him, deal for me. Everyone is happy.

sremick said:
If you can't return it, I bet you can find someone to buy it off you. Heck, I think I'm going to buy Mario Galaxy off this kid who doesn't like it.

Deal for him, deal for me. Everyone is happy.

I know I can return it. Activision is doing the refund offer. I was just wondering if anyone else is doing it, and how they shipped it back to Activision.

I didn't return but I know someone who did. He just sent it in a cardboard box. Nothing too hard. Just stuffed it all into a box. Don't worry about it being broken. The guitar will be more sturdy than the cardboard box you put it in. If it were to break, the cardboard box would have to break also with that amount of pressure. All packages already have insurance, in case the package was broken, up to a certain amount but I forgot exactly how much.

------------------

sremick said:
Anyone know if the ones on the shelves now are in stereo?

New ones made will be with stereo but they will be mixed with old mono ones. So for now, until all the mono ones get sold, they will be mixed among them.

COLDshiver said:
I didn't return but I know someone who did. He just sent it in a cardboard box. Nothing too hard. Just stuffed it all into a box. Don't worry about it being broken. The guitar will be more sturdy than the cardboard box you put it in. If it were to break, the cardboard box would have to break also with that amount of pressure. All packages already have insurance, in case the package was broken, up to a certain amount but I forgot exactly how much.

Hmmm...the difficulty will be finding the correct sized box. I'm not sure where I'd get one. Maybe I'll just try my luck with carton/box the game came in.

Dude, try selling it on your local craigs list, if the game is as rare to buy there as it is at my place, then you could sell your used GH3 online for more then you paid for in the store..

me on the other hand got lucky and found my GH3 Wii version hidden behind a bunch of Xbox versions :p

They more than make up for the price the refund was like 132.00 to include shipping and handling on your end. Still you have to wait till they get it approve it and send a check back. A bit of a headache but i think you could more than get your 89.99 back i doubt it will cost 42 bucks to ship it anywhere in the states.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii...d-my-guitar-hero-3-disc-replacement-form.html

Full refund form. Might even make a few bucks but you gotta wait it all out for processing. I hate the Mail! :lol:

Back