Anyone's Furnature Too Far From Sensor Bar?

laurie_lu

WiiChat Member
Sep 19, 2007
I have a really long livingroom. Our TV is permanently on one end of the room while the couch and other seating furnature is completely on the other far end(over 20 feet). Rearranging the furnature is not an option because it would close off the entrance to our dining room.

Our TV is huge therefore viewing distance is not an issue but it's an issue in reguards to the sensor bar for games that you would feel more comfortable sitting down many hours for.

We find that we're constantly lugging and pulling up the Lazy Boy recliner closer to the TV or taking a dining room chair out of the dining room and placing it in front of the TV.

I really don't want to use a wireless sensor bar. Maybe I need to keep some folding chairs handy.

Or find a way to bring your tv closer.
20 feet away for a tv seems kinda odd to me.

yeah i mean thats like well 20 feet is 4X my lenght thats well thats long , actually my tv is around 14 feet away from my furniture, in my living room, but i just use my wii upstairs and use it on my tv, which is only like 10 feet away from my bed so i sit on that.

no suggestions though soz.

although heres a question for you, why dont u want to get a wireless sensor bar?

they are good, and you can get ones with timers to turn themselves off, and you can actually make your own ones for less than £2

u could also try the candle trick. i hear that it works though ive never tried it. u probably dont wanna have to light 2 candles every time u play ur wii though.

Man, all you people actually sit down to play? Get up!! shesh... Stop being so lazy. :)

Secondly, if you MUST sit down (grumbles), get ya a bean bag, a nice stool, or a folding chair. Something that can be stored in the other room or in a closet. Needless to say, I guess some games I can see playing sitting down. :)

Hey most of you are a bunch of 'young-ins' compared to me. :) Seriously games like RE4 you need to sit down for when you play hours on end.

I suppose I could get the wireless sensor bar. I just don't like the idea of having to add another 4 AA batteries to the 8 that I'm already using for four wiimotes.

Can the auto shut off and alarm be set for longer periods than the default amount of time?

Can the wireless sensor bar be placed on the floor in front of the couch? I don't have a coffee table in front of the furniture.

2 young kids + 2 lit candles = disaster. Thanks for the suggestion though.

well no u would hae to find a way of raising the wireless sensor bar, maybe hang it from the roof from string lol.

as for the timer im pretty sure you can set the timer to what you want and the battery life is very long, also its only 2 AA batteries.

but as for the timer, i think its only one make that has it i dunno u would have to browse

laurie_lu said:
Hey most of you are a bunch of 'young-ins' compared to me. :) Seriously games like RE4 you need to sit down for when you play hours on end.

I suppose I could get the wireless sensor bar. I just don't like the idea of having to add another 4 AA batteries to the 8 that I'm already using for four wiimotes.

Can the auto shut off and alarm be set for longer periods than the default amount of time?

Can the wireless sensor bar be placed on the floor in front of the couch? I don't have a coffee table in front of the furniture.

Sort out the living room arrangements or else your standing.
Simple.

daviduk200 said:
well no u would hae to find a way of raising the wireless sensor bar, maybe hang it from the roof from string lol.

Perfect. Gonna hang it from my ceiling fan(turned off of course). Just the right distance from the couch as well. :thumbsup:

serious or sarcastic

laurie_lu said:
Perfect. Gonna hang it from my ceiling fan(turned off of course). Just the right distance from the couch as well. :thumbsup:

u being serious or sarcastic?

if serious gald i could help.
if sarcastic then lol

laurie_lu said:
Thank you for the compliment however 28 seems to be above the average age here. :)

laurie_lu said:

I know there are several games that do better sitting down, I just felt like giving people a hard time about it. :smilewinkgrin: I still recommend a nice padded folding chair (what I use), something that is easily stored in a closet when not in use. My living is probably setup somewhat the same way.

I know all about the battery problems, and I've considered the lack of an included charging station somewhat of a design flaw. Thank goodness there are available 3rd party stands and cheap battery chargers.

As far as the wireless sensor bar on the floor? Don't think that would work and don't recommend it. Sounds like you've got a couple 'young-ins' of your own, and valuable stuff on the floor plus kids could equal disaster. :)

im not about to read all of those posts so if this has been suggested already i apologize, move your sensor bar to the middle of the room when you play, it doesnt HAVE to be on or directly under your t.v. get teh wireless one for 20 bucks.

Back