Are wiimotes region locked?

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
I would just like to know (for when the coloured wiimotes come out) if bluetooth is an international standard. Will a japanese wiimote have the capacity to be used on a European Wii?

I'm assuming bluetooth is identical in all regions, but I'd like to be sure.

Wiimotes, Nunchuks and Classic Controllers are NOT region locked. I don't think the GameCube Controllers are region-locked either but i'm not sure...

Source: Yahoo Answers-2 posters say it isn't.
i just typed in Google "Is the Wiimote region-locked?"
They also said the Nunchuk and CC is region free but they didn't mention the Gamecube Controller and i couldn't find that.

GCN controllers are definately not locked. All my controllers are from the US and my GCN is PAL.

The only thing region locked are the games and possible game saves if you download those. All attachments and controllers ect... are not region locked!

They aren't even system locked. You can use them with PCs. If you were willing to do the driver coding, you could use them with anything that supports bluetooth. Phones, PDAs, high tech toasters.

He is right I use my Wiimote on my pc with a $10 BT adapter I got off new egg its not that hard to do ether. Just use BlueSoleil and Glove Pie with the adapter takes about 10 min to set up once you do it the Wiimote can be anything from a mouse to a vibrator with just the right glove pie scripts.

Back