Wiimote and PC Games

KCBlack

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
As I'm sure most of you already know, the Wiimote is able to be connected to a PC via bluetooth adapter. I know that there's a program GlovePIE, that allows you to use the Wiimote to control just about anything: even emulated/PC games. However, taking a look at GlovePIE, I nearly lost my f**king mind. Does anyone understand or can point me in the way of a good tutorial? I really want to use the Wiimote to play my Dreamcast emu! ^^

KCBlack said:
As I'm sure most of you already know, the Wiimote is able to be connected to a PC via bluetooth adapter. I know that there's a program GlovePIE, that allows you to use the Wiimote to control just about anything: even emulated/PC games. However, taking a look at GlovePIE, I nearly lost my f**king mind. Does anyone understand or can point me in the way of a good tutorial? I really want to use the Wiimote to play my Dreamcast emu! ^^

I don't think it quite works that way. It is used so far just as a pointing device with a few bindings. And it is really laggy, so it really wouldn't make much sense trying to use it with a dreamcast emulator.

vagrant said:
I don't think it quite works that way. It is used so far just as a pointing device with a few bindings. And it is really laggy, so it really wouldn't make much sense trying to use it with a dreamcast emulator.
Oh didn't realize it was laggy. But I do no that through GlovePIE you can control a lot of different apps. There's a script floating around to control Winamp with it (I'm sure some if not most people here have seen the video of it).

Maybe the Emu lags, but on other things, it don't. Check these bad boy videos out: HERE

They're videos of some guy playing Half Life 2 with a Wiimote. :D :D

COLDshiver said:
Maybe the Emu lags, but on other things, it don't. Check these bad boy videos out: HERE

They're videos of some guy playing Half Life 2 with a Wiimote. :D :D

Once again that is using it as a pointing device, which is much different than a game emulator, where you have to actually bind normal console control keys to keyboard keys.

Even as a crappy laggy pointer, it would still be cool. I've downloaded GlovePIE, but I can't figure the stupid thing out either (just goes to show why I do PC repair, not programming)

Back