Argh! Gamecube Games!

TexasDudeUSA

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Is there any way NOT to have to power off the Wii after finishing up with a gamecube game? That's pretty darn annoying.

Not to my knowledge i dont think you can :( Its a good job the wii doesnt take an age to restart!

wii_cammy said:
wen u want to quit go to wii menu

He's asking about getting to the menu from a gamecube game. When you load a gamecube game and start to play it the wii remote becomes useless and doesnt function so when you are done you have to manually restart the wii at the console. It would be nice if they could fix that.

GameCube games are hardware emulated within the Wii, it's like having a dual-boot setup on your PC.

Your Wii games, channels, and VC games all run on one part of the hardware, while the GameCube titles play on another. A system reboot is apparently necessary to change between the two.

Be thankful the GC games aren't software emulated, like PS1/PS2 games are on the PS3 and XBOX games are on the 360. Hardware emulation allows for all games to be playable and in their original form.

Xanthous said:
GameCube games are hardware emulated within the Wii, it's like having a dual-boot setup on your PC.

Your Wii games, channels, and VC games all run on one part of the hardware, while the GameCube titles play on another. A system reboot is apparently necessary to change between the two.

Be thankful the GC games aren't software emulated, like PS1/PS2 games are on the PS3 and XBOX games are on the 360. Hardware emulation allows for all games to be playable and in their original form.

Wow that is the most informative post ive gotten to read yet. thanks for the enlightenment! I didnt realize it was a hardware emulation i really thought it was a software emulation initially. >>

I was a little put off by that too. The simple answer is that the gamecube is only integrated into the wii in the most basic of ways. It would have been nice if they made them work together more.

what i do (and im not sure if this is bad or not, though i imagine not), when im done with my GC game, it take it out (while still playing) and hit reset. this allows the system to reboot to the wii menu, versus just reseting the GC emulation. only other option than this is to hold the power button, or hit it once, then hit again to turn on.

lloyd_yayo said:
what i do (and im not sure if this is bad or not, though i imagine not), when im done with my GC game, it take it out (while still playing) and hit reset. this allows the system to reboot to the wii menu, versus just reseting the GC emulation. only other option than this is to hold the power button, or hit it once, then hit again to turn on.

you still have to get up and go to the console.... If only we can just shut it off from the wii mote... but since its a hardware deal... wont happen

We've all been spoiled. ;) I feel like I'm a generation behind. Catching up on all these gamecube games, I kind of forget I'm playing a wii sometimes hehe.

Skorp said:
We've all been spoiled. ;) I feel like I'm a generation behind. Catching up on all these gamecube games, I kind of forget I'm playing a wii sometimes hehe.

I feel you!! Playing SSBM and double dash! I've been missing out

s9am_me said:
I feel you!! Playing SSBM and double dash! I've been missing out

I agree. When I left for college I took my PS2 and left the GameCube with my brother. I'm just now having an opportunity to play through a lot of GREAT games (Paper Mario, Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Pikmin 2 are all on my list to play).

Xanthous said:
I agree. When I left for college I took my PS2 and left the GameCube with my brother. I'm just now having an opportunity to play through a lot of GREAT games (Paper Mario, Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Pikmin 2 are all on my list to play).

Nice list, don't forget mario kart double dash, metroid 2, fire emblem, and SSBM. :thumbsup:

Hardware emulation or not, there could have been a way to set a reset or wii menu option to either a special part on the Wii-mote, or a seprate remote to control the GCN functions, a code or something to input into the GCN controller (similar to how you insert a cheat), i'm not sure if it's possible to fix with an update, but nintendo could of thought of something, while it's not important, it would save a lot of time

Back