Will The Controller Work With Gamecube Sports Games?

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
Will the Wiimote work with sports games for Gamecube such as Mario Power Tennis, Mario Superstar Baseball, and Mario Golf? Any information on that yet?

Not positive, but I seriously doubt it. Those games were made before all the details for the Wii were layed out. You can't plan the future and work your stuff around it.

Yeah, I also seriously doubt they'll be compatible... Unless they release a new version of those games, which I also doubt.

Based on technological knowledge, I am going to give that a great big no. The controllers are completely different technology and completely incompatible. This is the same as playing GBA games on the DS, the touch screen loses all funcitonality, along with the X and Y buttons and the mic

OK WHY IS IT ME THAT ANSWERS EVERY1S QUESTIONS I SHOULD BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, nintendo said that the wii remote [DONT CALL IT THE WIIMOTE] will not work with any previous console games just maybe [MAYBE]
the VC games , maybe.

Man I can't beleave u don't know the answer... the answer is simple u can't play with the wiimote but u can play with the classic control havent u seen it? is used for virtual console and GC games

Skootle said:
Yeah, I also seriously doubt they'll be compatible... Unless they release a new version of those games, which I also doubt.
Of course the would release new versions of the Mario sports games because it would be a whole new style of play them. They wouldn't abandon the Mario Sports franchise.

sorry no chance of it the games are already made they dont have the capabilities to interpret the motion of the wiimote and apply it to the game. but man would it be fun if we could.

Last edited:
Back