Awful Gamespot review

dan99iel said:
how can people like redsteel?! (ill make that a retorical question ty)
What are you talking about...
And I'm gonna make an answer to your retorical question. RS has been one of the most anticipated games of the Wii launch. RS should be a good game. But no one really knows until they play it.

EDIT: THEY GAVE RED STEEL A 6 ON GRAPHICS AND SUPER MONKEY BALL AN 8! That's crazy!!

Last edited:
Theres a video on IGN where the editor and chief of the Wii is saying some not so nice things about Red Steel either, although he was not at all so bland like this review. I dont have a link sorry i looked back on the site, but i couldnt find it. I know that it was not a official review though.

But honestly, if your convienced Red Steel is going to be a good game, you need not worry about reviews. Get it for yourself and judge, at the very worst you know the controls will be innovative.

I never thought Red Steel looked that great, but then again, I'm more of a sci-fi/fantasy guy so Metroid Prime is gonna do it for me.

And just to clear things up, GS gave TP an 8.8 not an 8.

mrserv0n248 said:
Gamespot which is easily one of the most reputable sites out there, And generally stern and fair threw Red Steel a 5.5!!!! I am SOOO MAD :mad2:

Red Steel for Wii Review - Wii Red Steel Review

I was afraid this was going to happen. Some (not all by any means) of the screen stills on Gamespot were decidedly last-gen with pretty bland texturing. The review hammers the graphics pretty hard. Based on the early reports of the swordfighting issues I was suspect that they would be able to fix it in time for a rushed release. Let's hope they take all the criticisms as constructive and release a 2.0 version the blows everyone's doors off.

I would pretty much go with the reviews on gamespot as being generally fair but this may be a little harsh. I've not seen any reviews on Gamespot that, based on my own experiences, were very far off at all.

Gamespot is just trying to get some controversey and people talking about them. Why else would you score Zelda: TP 8.8? A 5.5 is pretty harsh.

Take it easy..

My God.. i understand you all getting pissed off for i was a bit pissed off as well but its someones opinion on a game.. Yes i usally rely on reviews before i head off to buy the game, but this time around i don't think i will rely on the review.
Im still gonna get red steel. The wiimote was made for games like this. I can't wait for more to come out with online capabilitie.

I agree with you all he gave it a harsh review. since it the first FPS to head up on the wii giving it a 5.5 was not a good choice. I hope Dev's dont shy away because of this harsh review the new control system is sure to make nintendo games AMAZING.. Think out of the box!!!

Anyway STILL BUYING RED STEEL! :yesnod:

PS: if i dont like it ill Ebay it lol! :)
but prolly will like it.

The bad thing is im giving up ZEL
DA for red steel ( just a little while though lol maybe one week )

Homesrfan said:
What are you talking about...
And I'm gonna make an answer to your retorical question. RS has been one of the most anticipated games of the Wii launch. RS should be a good game. But no one really knows until they play it.

EDIT: THEY GAVE RED STEEL A 6 ON GRAPHICS AND SUPER MONKEY BALL AN 8! That's crazy!!
yes, thats crazy. :crazy:

Slade said:
Theres a video on IGN where the editor and chief of the Wii is saying some not so nice things about Red Steel either, although he was not at all so bland like this review. I dont have a link sorry i looked back on the site, but i couldnt find it. I know that it was not a official review though.

But honestly, if your convienced Red Steel is going to be a good game, you need not worry about reviews. Get it for yourself and judge, at the very worst you know the controls will be innovative.
I was always gonna get this game so I don't care, if I think it's good, I will be happy :D

wow dude gamespot.....they are soo dumb....there saying that zelda isnt going to be good cause its to similar to OoT, and that it has to much in common with it for its own good. and they also rated it by the speaker on the Wii-mote saying that sometimes the sound doesnt clearly come through and theres static......wow....i hate that site.

Gamespot has lost alot of credibility from this, who cares what they say, just about everyone who ha played it said its good, so they have ****ed up there, just ignore that. xD

Gamespot can actually suck my dick. I've only played 1 "bad" Zelda game in my life. All others have made the most of the system they were on, and I consider them perfect for their time. The fat guy that does the video review is my favourite reviewer there. IGN and 1UP are the best gaming sites out. if you want a reasonable review, check those.

To be honest, IGN probably IS the best source for reviews, but I personally prefer Gamespot's forums. Also, the video streaming speed on IGN is terrible, which is why I use Gamespot for trailers and gameplay videos.

Mhmm to be honest I just finished reading through this thread and though "I'm still going to buy it gamespot must just be rubbish" then I went and read the review and I can't imagine they've made all this up, I mean why would they say there were glitches such as bodies hanging in the air when dead etc? I've seen some of the images people have used to talk about the graphics but are they gameplay or cutscene? Some of the nicer ones have no reference or enemies in them so it's hard to tell..

I preordered this from GameUK (Though I didn't pay anything) along with LoZ but on release day I think I'll be leaving this game til I see some more opinions and stick with Zelda and Wiisports.

Oh and another thing...10 hourse of gameplay o_O I don't see that worth 40 quid, slightly less as I'm normally very good at these types of games. I agree with the comment on zero replay value I mean Gamespot is right, there IS no multiplayer essentially except a 4 screen split with no sword fighting and no slowdown mode especially as I would need 3 other people sitting with me (no internet) each with their own remotes (damned if I'm paying £100 for three more sets).

I'm not really willing to pay £40 for a single player only game that hasn't proved itself yet and offers about 10 hours of gameplay.

Look at Zelda, stunning reviews even though it's been developed for the GC, superb controls and artwork with about 100 hours of playtime, now THAT is a game worthy of my money.

otacon138 said:
To be honest, IGN probably IS the best source for reviews, but I personally prefer Gamespot's forums. Also, the video streaming speed on IGN is terrible, which is why I use Gamespot for trailers and gameplay videos.
IGN gives me good speed and they have more HD/high res videos.

Back