Backup Virtual Console ROMS!!!!! READ MEE

I actually thought I saw a video on youtube showing a guy that transfered a VC game (zelda I believe) onto an SD card.

It read the space on the SD card as "blocks" of space and the VC game used a certain # of "blocks" on the card.

kcchiefsguru said:
That would stink if your Wii console stopped working for whatever reason after purchasing several VC games. Surely they will have some kind of system for people that may end up in this situation.
If ur that worried which i might be and will do this when i get the money after paying back $100... Ok, on with the point, u can buy sd cards and put ur VC games on them so u can delete them on ur system but redownload off ur SD card... OK?

If ur that worried which i might be and will do this when i get the money after paying back $100... Ok, on with the point, u can buy sd cards and put ur VC games on them so u can delete them on ur system but redownload off ur SD card... OK?
That came so close to making sense... but just didn't.

If you are saying that you plan on downloading the Virtual Console games to SD cards - by default you can't. There may be a hack, but that is what it is.

I still can't make sense of "paying back $100". My only response is equally nonsensical "Do not pass go... do not collect $200..."

DavidBeoulve said:
That came so close to making sense... but just didn't.

If you are saying that you plan on downloading the Virtual Console games to SD cards - by default you can't. There may be a hack, but that is what it is.

I still can't make sense of "paying back $100". My only response is equally nonsensical "Do not pass go... do not collect $200..."

haha

could you download a rom from the internet on your pc onto an sd card and then just play them on your wii? i dont have a wii yet so som1 try and pm me! thanks

I dont know where these people are getting their information from but you can for sure back up virtual console games on sd cards. Im pretty sure u cant play them on other wii systems, i dont think nintendo would be that stupid, they would lose some profits from people sharing, and if they posted the files online, lots of profits. they would only be backed up for your use.

As for the emulation thing, ive tried simply running some roms on the wii but it doesnt work because its not read as a virtual console channel, it doesnt even have the right file extension. Also there is a significant difference in memory sizes between standard roms and the virtual console files; my guess is that they package an instance of the emulator for that rom separately with each rom or else that extra data is what allows the wii to run the games and verify what they are.

theres probably a way to convert standard roms to the right format but since the games u download are tied to each console, the verification might be a tad tricky to deal with. Im still a lookin for a way.....

my main reason for wanting this is cuz they havent released many decent titles on their virtual console yet, i really wanna see loz: link to the past, and some nice third party games!!!!! in the meantime i have to sit and wait :mad2:

Back