banned for a harmless joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowTRobot

Blades Of Steel
Jan 3, 2007
I was recently banned for one week for starting a joke thread about Smash Bros.

The official reason: I was spamming the board.

Making a joke is not spam...especially if it is done by an established board member.

I find it an incredible waste of time to ban someone for making a harmless joke about the hype surrounding Smash Bros. while countless pointless threads regarding such topics as "DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN GOLDENEYE WILL COME OUT LOLOLOL" remain open.

What I'm saying is this: If you don't want people making joke threads, that's fine. But a warning would have been nice.

Sorry for not taking a forum about videogames seriously enough.

After discussing this section with another moderator, it has come to our attention that the Super Smash Bros Brawl Section has become somewhat harder to deal with due to members avoiding warnings regarding posts and thread creation. Therefore, we have decided to follow the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Sections set rules.

The amount of spam in the forum section is getting out of hand, it seems that many believe this area to be exempt from our general forum rules - it is not.

Anyone who is needlessly spamming up threads or infringing on the following forum rules will be banned for a certain time period which that said moderator feels necessary - without warning

If you have any questions, comments and or concerns regarding these new set ground rules, feel free to contact one of the staff members.

Whether you're new to the forum or not does not matter. The rules here at WiiChat apply to everyone. It also states that in these new set of rules, warnings will not be given out. Thus, making it easier for the staff to moderate these sections and posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back