Battalion Wars 2 Help.

Scott_F

ADD SCOTTY 2209 ON MOH:H2
Jan 5, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Wii Online Code
5911-5347-4929-3358
Hi, i am going to buy BW2 later on today and i was just wondering if someone could please explain to me the online capabilities of the game. My questions are

1. how many online modes are they and what are they called?
  2. what do you do in each online mode?
  3. and is it possible to play an unranked game when your just starting off
  4. and finally can i have your friend codes for this game :]

I will give rep to good answers so please help me. Thank you.

Scott

Good move! BWii has been underated, and is a worthy addition to gamers' collections.

There are three online options - Co-op (basically playing through a level together to capture enemy HQ), Assault (one player has to capture the other player's assets) and Skirmish (kill as many of the other side as possible) - Assault and Skirmish are counter op.

As soon as you boot the game up you can join in online battles - although you don't have access to all levels (you need to unlock a good portion).

Its worth noting that online is extremely competent, i've experience only a couple of games drop out, there is absolutely no lag that i've seen. Very impressive.

I've made a thread where members have left their friend codes here. Do remember to PM people when adding them to BWii they'll need to add you back- and don't forget to add me!

Last edited:
Can't you play capture the flag with friends only or something? I traded in the game a while ago and forget if that was a rumor or real...

manufan15 said:
Can't you play capture the flag with friends only or something? I traded in the game a while ago and forget if that was a rumor or real...

No. You can play all of the modes both with friends and strangers.

In all reality, BWii (aside from maybe Strikers, which also has rankings and leaderboards) has the best online mode available in all the Wii games. Matchmaking is easy, the random mode isn't neutered (like in SSBB), and the game has (simple) stat tracking.

The only problem I see with the game is that it can get eventually old on multiplayer, especially when the fairly crappy match making service keeps pairing you with pro players. There really isn't nearly as much strategy as you might think or ANYWHERE NEAR as much strategy as there could have easily been. It basically comes down to twitch gameplay and whoever can manuever around, lock on, and shoot the best. The campaign is also very short at maybe 10 hours or so. Finally, the lack of voice chat basically kills the co-op mode; although, it's still kind of fun when you have a halfway competent teammate.

Dont have this game, but if i had te money/time id definately buy it. The gameplay seems great and i hear online is good.

Back