Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Lee should take note

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=51318&in_page_id=34
Little tipple for the little 'uns

Thursday, May 31, 2007

BeerKids_450x300.jpg

Hi kids, more beer?

Ever been enjoying a beer or a glass of wine with friends and wished the youngsters could join in the fun?

No, we thought not. But, in Japan, they have a very different view.

There, if the little 'uns are feeling left out, you can ply them with fake beer, wine and cocktails designed for the playgroup.

RELATED ITEMS

The Sangaria company started its line of fake alcoholic drinks for children with beer, which came in authentic-looking bottles and cans.

Now, it has expanded its range to include junior versions of wine, champagne and cocktails.

japanbeer_450x300.jpg

Cheers! Noqw where's the Babysham?

The beer is said to taste like grape juice.

But it fizzes up and has a head on it just like the real thing.

Adverts in Japan, which have appeared on YouTube, show children as young as three supping the brew at parties, singing and swaying – not that type of swaying – to an irritatingly catchy tune.

The drinks are available in restaurants in Japan so your child can enjoy an artificial ale when they are out.

They are available on the Internet in the US for about 70p a bottle, with the tagline: 'A playful grape and guarana soda that only looks like beer.'

For that final grown-up touch, the range includes a six-pack of beer.

In Britain, a spokeswoman for alcohol treatment charity Addaction said: 'Marketing fake alcohol to children to make them feel “grownup” could encourage them to experiment with alcohol at an earlier age.'

LOL Japan

Wiired said:
Lmao, to think, people actually buy these for their kids. Maybe in 10 years time we'll be doing the same thing,

LOL me with kids

Like thats ever gona happen

Thats weird and cool at the same time. I do agree with the last part of that though: This could lead to kids starting to drink at an earlier age.

Reminds me of a party I went to once. We were giving round Jacky D and coke to everyone, except the girls to see if they noticed. Most of them didn't, and act pissed out their heads all night :]

Back