Beginner questions... (wii and s-video, wii in 900p screen)

Radii0

WiiChat Member
Apr 28, 2007
Hello community,

This is my first post, and I will just ask to beginner questions. I'm going to buy a Wii and a screen/tv, but I would like to make the right decision. I'm having a small budget.

1. Have you played the wii in a 15" 1280*768 tv through s-video connection? Is the image quality good enough?

2. I have the option of buying a 19" 1440*900 via DVI (using a component to DVI adapter) but I don't know if the image will expand and deform, and the sharpness will be lost...

What of those options could be the best?

Thanks a lot :smilewinkgrin: :ciappa:

Radii0 said:
Hello community,

This is my first post, and I will just ask to beginner questions. I'm going to buy a Wii and a screen/tv, but I would like to make the right decision. I'm having a small budget.

1. Have you played the wii in a 15" 1280*768 tv through s-video connection? Is the image quality good enough?

2. I have the option of buying a 19" 1440*900 via DVI (using a component to DVI adapter) but I don't know if the image will expand and deform, and the sharpness will be lost...

What of those options could be the best?

Thanks a lot :smilewinkgrin: :ciappa:
Not sure about other countries, but in the UK,
a) the Wii doesn't have a S-video socket and b) S-video only carries video, the sound will be lost.
I would go with the second option. Although it would work on any TV that has a scart socket in the back of the TV (standard now for many years) and the connection the Wii automatically comes with.

Hope I've helped.

Back