Best Buy Lines

Warwick4

WiiChat Member
Aug 4, 2006
I was just up at my local best buy (akron OH), there was a line of about 30 people waiting for the ps3. Or I assumed it was for the ps3, they are handing out vouchers at 11pm on the 16th. I did feel bad for them though, its about 40 degrees and pooring rain... I kind of wanted to throw an empty ps3 box in the crowd and watch them dive like animals.:D I'm not sure if they are doing vouchers for the Wii as well, I will call tomorrow.

Just thought id share that with everyone :smilewinkgrin:

Lol, they fight over it and then somebody opens it and he says its empty and then he gets tackled and you see it on Ebay for $400.:yikes:

Whoever lives in the Tri-State area and get's the channel New York 1, they are already doing stories on some of the lines forming around here. All I have to say is wow. I feel bad for those people.

I assume the very low supply of the PS3 is the reason for it, that and the low amount of preorders (one in the same).

12 hours better be enough at my local Wal Mart.

:lol: 12 Hours will be MORE than enough for the Wii. They are NOT having ANY problems getting consoles to vendors for launch. This may possibly be the smoothest launch in recent history.

IWantCheerwine said:
what're vouchers?

The stores will hand out tickets to people waiting in line. Those tickets wil gurantee you a console. So you can then get out of line and wait somewhere else or go get breakfast (or diner for midnight launchers) while you wait for the store to open. I know my local Target handed out vouchers mad early... I got there right after they handed them out as the line was dispersing. It's a great thing though for the people that were sitting there for hours can finally get up and take a brake.

ABC said:
The stores will hand out tickets to people waiting in line. Those tickets wil gurantee you a console. So you can then get out of line and wait somewhere else or go get breakfast (or diner for midnight launchers) while you wait for the store to open. I know my local Target handed out vouchers mad early... I got there right after they handed them out as the line was dispersing. It's a great thing though for the people that were sitting there for hours can finally get up and take a brake.

wow! how early is everyone gonna go try? cause if they do hand out vouchers you'd have to get there wicked early!

IWantCheerwine said:
wow! how early is everyone gonna go try? cause if they do hand out vouchers you'd have to get there wicked early!

It depends on two things. A.) If your loca store even does that and B.) The time of handout vouchers varies from store to store. Call ahead to see. ALWAYS call and get more info on the operation your store of choice is going to go by. For example... I just called my local Target that was suposed to be getting 120 consoles... ERRR FALSE. The lady just told me they are getting around two dozen. WTF! Oh well, I will get there around 4am since they open at 8am... she did tell me they will be handing out vouchers. So I asked what time... she said about a half hour before opening. <--- Just call you local store and do the same. There is a lot of helpful, nice people if you look around.

yeah i was just at our local target, 8 ps3's and a big line a tents is already formed... i wanted to break it to em, but just didnt want to at heart

ocdan said:
yeah i was just at our local target, 8 ps3's and a big line a tents is already formed... i wanted to break it to em, but just didnt want to at heart

How do you know? The very nice lady I spoke with about the Wii said they are getting a couple dozen Ps3's as well? Of course I live in the most populated area on the east coast but even so I was suprised that one store was getting that many.

Back