BEST VC game so far??

White Knight said:
Goldeneye did a lot more than challenge it. The majority of hardcore gamers who were old enough to play it in its prime rate it the #1 multi-player video game in history. I do, and I've been playing video games since 1979, not 1999 like some little boys on this site.
Well you certainly beat my 1985 beginnings. However, your statement typifies the adage of age not being a guarantee of wisdom. I said that Mario Kart 64 had some of the best multiplayer game mechanics in history. I did NOT say that it was the BEST multiplayer game in history with Goldeneye not coming close. For, while Mario Kart 64 would be my first preference for an all night gaming session with friends on the N64, it wouldn't be too long before Goldeneye and Lylat Wars got a workout. Something like that comes down to individual taste.

If you still can't distinguish the game mechanics from how one would rate the game itself... Think of how easy it was to win any Goldeneye deathmatch in say a race to 20 frags when you were started in the position closest to the body armour and also just a quick dash to some of the better weapons.

Younescito said:
I agree, MarioKart 64 was the best multiplayer games that I played. it was all about tactics and not tricks like halo and the newer version of multiplayer games
Correct. Mario Kart 64 was a game where skill shined through, even if the difference between those playing was only marginal. Think of the Virtua Fighter games versus most other fighting games. Virtua Fighter was the only one where a button masher would not get a hit in against a good player. I can't think of very many multiplayer games where the design mechanics did much to rule out the luck factor.

gaming in 1979 was worthless. Nothing was worth playing until the NES came out (expecting flame from Atari owners)

NjD00 said:
gaming in 1979 was worthless. Nothing was worth playing until the NES came out (expecting flame from Atari owners)
At the time, Atari was everything worth playing. Just like the NES isn't worth playing when compared to say the PS2 allowing for nostalgic exceptions.

Back