Bethesda Big Wii game coming

Yeah, finnaly one of these Wii/xbox360 or Wii/ps3 acepted his hungry!!

Now, only rest IDSoftware and Epic games jump the Wii bandwagon, I talk to you John Carmack and Mike Capps!!

It isn't that John Carmack isn't interested in developing games for the wii.

MTV Multiplayer: You’ve said in the past that you don’t think id titles will be on the Wii. Is that still the case?

Carmack: Interestingly, I actually spend far more time playing Wii with my four year-old boy than I do with any other game console. So I’m definitely sympathetic to the platform. But “Rage” is not a viable option on the Wii because of the technology. We’ve been pitched and talked about a project to do a title that would fit well on the Wii, and it’s actually related to an iPhone title that we’re doing. But that’s still kind of up in the air as to what other developer we would partner with on there. I’d like to do something there, because I love a lot of what Nintendo has done with the Wii and the DS, but it’s just out of sync with the developments that are currently going on at id.

MTV Multiplayer: Do you feel you’d have to create a new IP? Or at least a new game from the ground up for the Wii?

Carmack: Yeah, it would have to be a completely different game. We would use one of our existing IPs where we have a little bit of leverage. It’s not something that really any of our titles, that are under development currently would be appropriate for.

Epic games already said they aren't developing for the system.

Fair enough.

Fallout or Oblivion though? Lol.

Bethesda said it was a really big game and either of those would fit the description. If they made an RPG with graphics close to Zelda:TP or Rune Factory then it would be impressive.

Of course it would have to be specifically designed for the Wii so hopefully it'll be a spin off or an original IP, not a downgraded port or something on rails.

Bethesda said it was a really big game and either of those would fit the description. If they made an RPG with graphics close to Zelda:TP or Rune Factory then it would be impressive.

Of course it would have to be specifically designed for the Wii so hopefully it'll be a spin off or an original IP, not a downgraded port or something on rails.

They would need to make it an original IP as anything with 'Fallout' or 'The Elder Scrolls' on it will be compared the the PS3/360 versions, and will therefore be a shadow of them.

Comparisons are often inevitable, unless a Wii version is actually better, in which case they are ignored.

A spin off of either TES or Fallout would work. They could sell it on the name recognition but keep it different enough that it wouldn't be unfairly compared.

The Wii doesn't have to have the shiniest graphics to be the best version of a game though (subject to opinion). If a game is well designed then the control set can make up for the graphical deficiencies and offer a different form of immersion (i.e. Godfather, SW:TFU). Given the type of combat in Oblivion, a Wii version with sword swinging gameplay could be great if done properly.

A first person RPG on my Wii - Im Slobering!

Still loving all my games on the wii,mostly playing cod waw as im just getting alright at it and the controls feel great! ok i cant jump up in the air spin around 360 degrees then shoot someone right between the eyes like on the pc. (Deleted cod waw from my pc as it bored the hell out of me! and thats the best looking version)

Very happy with the news from Bethesda.

Last edited:
Can I really be the only one??

From the quote it says it won't be hardcore(what ever your definition of that is). And Caliko why are you such a negative nancy? A Debbie Downer?

Cuz I play games to have FUN and all I hear on these forums are "hArdCor3" gamers yap about "Red Steel doesn't have blood so it's not a good game" or "I'll buy this only if it's rated M" or "the casuals are ruining gaming as we know it!!!" I also can't help but shake my head at those who play GTA to feel tough and turn down amazing platformers like Mario Galaxy because "teh too kiddy counsel".
Who's the Nancy? You decide.

P.S. Did anyone actually read the article? They're implying it's gonna be a "hardcore" bloodbath.

You're not making it any better by arguing. You're essentially doing the same exact thing. If people like blood and violence in their games, let them be, their having fun and enjoying the game.

Last edited:

[quotewdoublei]From the quote it says it won't be hardcore(what ever your definition of that is). And Caliko why are you such a negative nancy? A Debbie Downer?

Cuz I play games to have FUN and all I hear on these forums are "hArdCor3" gamers yap about "Red Steel doesn't have blood so it's not a good game" or "I'll buy this only if it's rated M" or "the casuals are ruining gaming as we know it!!!" I also can't help but shake my head at those who play GTA to feel tough and turn down amazing platformers like Mario Galaxy because "teh too kiddy counsel".

P.S. Did anyone actually read the article? They're implying it's gonna be a "hardcore" bloodbath.[/QUOTE]

Who ever said it was going to be a "bloodbath" or "hardcore". The closest thing I read from it was going to be a "mature" game and not be a 'My Girly Game Range' title as the man described.

Take ur nubz and failz with u and GTFO. I saz itz for da lulz.

wdoublei said:
From the quote it says it won't be hardcore(what ever your definition of that is). And Caliko why are you such a negative nancy? A Debbie Downer?

P.S. Did anyone actually read the article? They're implying it's gonna be a "hardcore" bloodbath.

First of all GTA is an actual fun game with a good narative. Don't hate it because it has blood and its popular. Second of all after reading every post in this thread I see no one except Stickmode (he always does) that said any of the things that you mention. And who said games with blood can't be fun. Not to act all "4@|-DC0RE" (because that's a crime around here), but blood adds to realism, as long as it's not in excessive amounts unless the game is made to have excessive use of blood, because there is blood in real life.

i hope its a new IP because fallout and oblivion are mneat to be fully played on 360/ps3/PC and wii experience wouldnt be fully realized.

Who ever said it was going to be a "bloodbath" or "hardcore". The closest thing I read from it was going to be a "mature" game and not be a 'My Girly Game Range' title as the man described.

Take ur nubz and failz with u and GTFO. I saz itz for da lulz.

Read between the lines dude.

First of all GTA is an actual fun game with a good narative. Don't hate it because it has blood and its popular. Second of all after reading every post in this thread I see no one except Stickmode (he always does) that said any of the things that you mention. And who said games with blood can't be fun. Not to act all "4@|-DC0RE" (because that's a crime around here), but blood adds to realism, as long as it's not in excessive amounts unless the game is made to have excessive use of blood, because there is blood in real life.

Wait... where did I say that GTA wasn't a good game?? Quote me on that one. I enjoy that game.

About thew bold part: Me and a couple of others have changed that. This used to be a place full of whiners. We've gotten rid of most of them. Why do you think it's a crime around here?
I remember I used to mention a game and get shot down by literally about 20 different Wiichaters. "Hardcore" gamers would say things like "Oh Just Tap! is casual automatic fail" but with more spelling errors and more leet. These dudes had NOTHING on stickmode, I actually think stickmode's kinda cool...

You're not making it any better by arguing. You're essentially doing the same exact thing. If people like blood and violence in their games, let them be, their having fun and enjoying the game.

Respectable reply. Only thing is, those who like blood and violence ONLY are the ones who can't stop crying about why every other game doesn't have blood and violence. I have been gaming for over a decade now and this stuff has gone way out of hand and I've decided to actually do something about it. And guess what?? Since then I've actually changed a LOT of stuff and bad habits.

i hope its a new IP because fallout and oblivion are mneat to be fully played on 360/ps3/PC and wii experience wouldnt be fully realized.
I'm thinking it'll be a spin-off because they said it will be 'huge' and a new IP wouldn't have the brand recognition to promote it. There's no reason why it can't be a different version of Fallout or Oblivion though. Often the Wii spin-offs are cut down or on-rails but with a little innovative thinking they could make a great game (such as Konami did with PES).

Only thing is, those who like blood and violence ONLY are the ones who can't stop crying about why every other game doesn't have blood and violence.
Yes kids think that it is cool to have blood and violence. That was part of the hook of the original GTA as it was something new back then, nowadays it is simply commonplace. I believe a real mature gamer doesn't need to solely play violent games. I love violent games such as Madworld but I can also enjoy something like Mario Galaxy just as much, in fact I try to get a wide range of games so the whole family can enjoy them too.

Yes kids think that it is cool to have blood and violence. That was part of the hook of the original GTA as it was something new back then, nowadays it is simply commonplace. I believe a real mature gamer doesn't need to solely play violent games. I love violent games such as Madworld but I can also enjoy something like Mario Galaxy just as much, in fact I try to get a wide range of games so the whole family can enjoy them too.

Good call... I loved Madworld, but I've just spent 20 hours completing Super Paper Mario, so it's more than possible for someone to like a wide type of game (bloody hell how boring would it be if you only liked one specific type or genre of game?!)

Anyone who denounces a game JUST because it's not got blood, gore, or isn't only aimed at a mature audience is a fool who is missing out on a lot of entertainment that is out there.

But having said that, I do hope we get more mature games for the Wii... as long as it's not at the expense of gameplay or 'fun'.

Read between the lines dude.

I have. I have already read that segment for umpteenth time.

"I think it's difficult, I've got consoles at home but I wouldn't sit and play an 18-rated game with my family on the Wii."

If you are talking about that quote there, I think you are exaggerating. He never said anything close to a "bloodbath". He had only said the words "18-rated game".

Take Onimusha for example. Do you really think it is trying to be a "blood bath?" It is M rated itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WdvfQFgFyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95uLH0ORRJI

Seriously, your grievance is just as bad as the "hardcore" you loath so much.

Back