Black Ice - A new Bond game for the Wii?

My stupid friend went walking on the lake near my house when it was frozen over. I told him it's not fully frozen, you can still see the blackness of the lake. He said it was just black ice. He fell in.

Bill Engvall: "Here's your sign."

Squall7 said:
Though you're noway near even the middle (in fact, it sounds like you've got 3% of the game done). QUOTE]

actually it sounds more like he's 0.1% done, all he's has are ideas and plans ... the technicality involved in creating a video game, much less an operating system, is way too high for a 14 year old, sorry dude.

video game developers have at least a 4 year bachelor degree in game and simulation programming ... so i'm sorry to say i think this plan is way over your head, i like your spunk though

by the time you aquire the necessary skills to be able to do something like this there will already be some new james bond games and by then we'll likely be onto the 8th generation systems

but by all means if this is something your passionate about, you should be looking into the pre-req's for the bachelors degree and become a game programmer after graduating, but to be able to pull this off now or even in the next 4 years, is very very very unlikely

Squall7 said:
You do get the point of a metaphor don't you? I wasn't saying that you still believe in Santa. And quite frankly, at the age of 14, no you do not know exactly how the world works. To be honest, nobody ever does fully. However, a 14 year old knows less about the world than a 22 year old.

I do understand. I do have more experience than the average 14 year old, but I'm not saying that I know more than someone 8 years older than me.

Squall7 said:
Fair enough. Though you're noway near even the middle (in fact, it sounds like you've got 3% of the game done). There's a lot of work needs to be put into a game, and that's not counting the fact that it were miraculously possible to submit game ideas to a company, chances are, you'd be really upset if they changed any of it. The more you create, the more it becomes a part of you, and the less you want anyone else messing with it.

That is definitely something I do realise. I know that there is a hell of a lot of work put into every game, and that's why I decided to try to send it to Acti: they have the facilities and the time. I know they probably won't take any notice of me whatsoever, but I'm going to make sure I prepare everything to optimum standard so I can maximise my chances.

Also, I do know that what I submit, if it is made, will not be exactly the same in the end product. The company has a right to change some of my ideas if they don't like them, and that's something I was already counting for. Even if I just inspired them to create some sort of good game without any of my original ideas in there, I'd be happy.

Back