Boot Disc Problems

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Hey everyone, do you guys think that its not in our best intrest to buy a system who needs to be updated the moment we get it. SHouldnt nintendo encorporate these updates already. I mean what if something goes wrong in the process or it doesnt update all required fields. We would be stuck with a sub-par wii. Im not likeing this disc at all.

DO you guyus think that it would be packaged into the Wii 4-5 months down the road or is this for the first batch only?

If so i may be giving up my wii pre order to any takers in hamilton, ontario and just wait till the spring to pick one up

dds said:
Hey everyone, do you guys think that its not in our best intrest to buy a system who needs to be updated the moment we get it. SHouldnt nintendo encorporate these updates already. I mean what if something goes wrong in the process or it doesnt update all required fields. We would be stuck with a sub-par wii. Im not likeing this disc at all.

DO you guyus think that it would be packaged into the Wii 4-5 months down the road or is this for the first batch only?

If so i may be giving up my wii pre order to any takers in hamilton, ontario and just wait till the spring to pick one up
Yeah your right, get an Xbox.

....what hell no!
You should still buy a Wii!
Screw the XBOX until you get a Wii! Think I mean if there are any updates do you really think they are going to be so great that you have hold off the Wii until there is some! I mean you have seen the Wii.... isn't it it good enough arlready!!!

dds said:

Wow, this is a new one. Who said anything about Wii needing some crucial update immediately at or soon following it's launch? Give me a break, this is just second guessing for second-guessing sake. Why do you think Nintendo would require the buyer to immediately update Wii's firmware when they get it home? Even the Xbox 360, which had multiple system-crucial updates (like ones that made certain Xbox games backwards compatible) didn't require such a thing at launch.

lol, even if this was true (WHICH IT WONT BE) what are the chances it wont work for you?!
Or are you like Mr. Unluck or something?....geez

edit: there was a great real life example of stupidity like this here involving a husband and wife, but then I though "wait, surely..... its obvious... the stupidity of this"

Last edited:
Your right i dont know whats on the start up disk. But now that i think about it, if it was a firmware update, wouldnt it say update disk. And secondly, i was assuming it was a firm ware update and this didnt really sit well with me because i expect the product to be ready to from nintendo not for me to update the hardware

What's wrong with a firmware update? It's good that they have it (if the disc does contain it). It means that they took the time to fix some bugs and stuff instead of sending us a sub-par system. It's not like you have to send your Wii to the manufacturer and wait a few weeks to get it fixed. Just put the disc in and let it do it's thing

I think if any updates are needed from development to shipment Nintendo will update the consoles in factory, the boot disc people see on the back of the Wii box is probably Wii sports and if it does have a system update it will probably be do reset your console to factor defaults in case somehow an update gets messed up and your console won't work, put in the disc reboot and go back to factory defaults like with a restore disc on your PC, the updates for the Wii are supposed to come through the internet so anything from factory defaults will probably have to be ordered specifically on CD or downloaded from a dedicated site. Let's wait till there is official announcement on these things before we freak out, the system isn't even out and people are complaining about something that has never been said.

Back