Cameras

just sold my sony cybershot DSCW50 and upgraded to a sony alpha A100 ($2000 :eek:), accually built mainly on a minolta as minolta have now sold thier camera lines to sony. Currently have two lenses, the 18-70mm kit lens and the 75-300mm zoom lens.
picture of alpha with 18-70mm lens
2407_7_SonyAlphaA100.jpg

pic with 75-300mm zoom lens
http://www.a-digital-eye.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Sony&300extd.jpg

10.2-megapixel CCD delivering resolutions as high as 3,872 x 2,592 pixels.
Digital SLR design for a true optical viewfinder.
2.5-inch TFT color LCD monitor for image and menu review.
Interchangeable bayonet lens mount.
Auto and Manual focus options, with adjustable nine-point AF area, and Single and Continuous AF modes.
Auto, Program AE (with Program Shift), Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual shooting modes.
Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports, Sunset, and Night Portrait exposure modes.
Shutter speeds from 1/4,000 to 30 seconds, with a Bulb setting for manual control of long exposures.
14-segment honeycomb pattern metering, Center-Weighted, and Spot metering options, with AE Lock function.
Adjustable ISO from 100 to 1,600 equivalents, with an Auto setting.
Built-in, pop-up flash with four main operating modes and a Slow-Sync function.
External, proprietary flash hot-shoe for Sony accessory flash units.
Built-in support for wireless TTL flash exposure with certain Sony flashes.
Contrast, saturation, and sharpness adjustments.
Adjustable White Balance setting with a manual option and full range of Kelvin temperature settings.
Color modes include Natural (sRGB), Portrait (sRGB), Landscape (sRGB), Sunset (sRGB), Night View (sRGB), Black & White (sRGB), and Adobe RGB.
RAW and JPEG file formats.
Images saved on CompactFlash Type I or II memory cards, Microdrive compatible.
"Storage-Class" USB 2.0 High-Speed interface.
USB 2.0 High-Speed cable and interface software for connecting to a computer and downloading images.
NTSC or PAL selectable video output signal, with cable included.
Power supplied by a single high-capacity lithium-ion battery pack or separate AC adapter (available as an accessory).
Optional wired remote control accessories.
DPOF (Digital Print Order Format), Exif 2.2 and PictBridge compliant.

If anyone is interested i have a few photos in a thread called NZ birds.

oh btw Gaz some lovely macro shots :) i love taking macro but my passion is birds (bloody hard to take photos of! i take a 2Gig card full and only keep two or three!)

Last edited:
Almo said:
oh btw Gaz some lovely macro shots :) i love taking macro but my passion is birds (bloody hard to take photos of! i take a 2Gig card full and only keep two or three!)
Cheers, thats a pretty nice camera..

i've tried to take pictures of lightning before, very tricky, got about 1 decent photo out of about 500. so i feel your pain :p hahaa

Back