Can PC Gaming be Saved from Extinction?

At the rate that they are moving they will hit another wall. CPU and GPU wise the winners are about to start slowing their pace and raising the price. PC gaming is fine. I play a number of online games on the PC and servers are still mostly full even on some quake 3 servers. I think people are crying over crysis yet no one told them to expect people to buy that when it first came out. I mean really most people will not play that game for another 2-4 years...LOL

A PC console would be a very bad thing. I like the break neck speed and I want more!

Also notice how IBM is not in that mix! The PC has always been a console it's just people treat it differently. The xbox is the console PC...seriously thats part of it's whole appeal.

actually WoW is more or less the reason of this talk. i was listening to a podcast where they talked about how WoW is hurting the industry, funneling all gamer's pocket money into 1 game and 9 million people only playing one game that won't buy any others.

Sovieto said:
actually WoW is more or less the reason of this talk. i was listening to a podcast where they talked about how WoW is hurting the industry, funneling all gamer's pocket money into 1 game and 9 million people only playing one game that won't buy any others.

Very true.

mhwuah-ha-ha Nothing can be done to save your pathetic PC games now. They will all be crushed by the might of the consoles. When this day comes, the Mac will rise as the undisputed champion of the computers, reclaiming its proper place in our households. These companies' puny alliance is insignifigant.

Hahaha. I do agree Macs are better, but I would only buy a Notebook. They can only play a select few games, so for me that's not too good.

I really can't see PC gaming dying out... it just offers a whole different experience then a console can, besides the fact that it also is necessary nowadays to have a PC, unlike a console which many people feel is a luxury.

Though I am getting more into console gaming, I still love my computer. RTS's ftw :cornut:

dying out? it all depends on what bubbly you live in... like xbox fans claiming wii will die out...

all this alliance will do is provide a standard so everyone has the same gaming experience... and create a new emblem for software makers to add to the box art... i.e. "PC Console Optimized!"

look at how microsoft created an oragami market... very few manufacturers have bit on building origami PCs... microsoft assumed origami PCs could cost as low as $500... none are that low, yet.

i believe a
very good pc lasts 3yrs... a game console lasts 5yrs... the pc console standardization could make a PC console standard last 5yrs.

what do i know, though...

Last edited:
idjut said:
dying out? it all depends on what bubbly you live in... like xbox fans claiming wii will die out...

all this alliance will do is provide a standard so everyone has the same gaming experience... and create a new emblem for software makers to add to the box art... i.e. "PC Console Optimized!"

look at how microsoft created an oragami market... very few manufacturers have bit on building origami PCs... microsoft assumed origami PCs could cost as low as $500... none are that low, yet.

i believe a
very good pc lasts 3yrs... a game console lasts 5yrs... the pc console standardization could make a PC console standard last 5yrs.

what do i know, though...
actually ive heard more people in the industry say that than i have xbox fans.

Back