Is the PC losing its gaming mojo?

trisyyy said:
games like WOW, and runescpae, heck, even Halo hasn't lost its touch on the PC

Runescape had touch?

One word to original post;

Crysis.

Gamers buy consoles but everyone has a PC these days. People who work a lot with computers and like to play an occasional videogame would probably play on their PC since it's there anyway.

I think the console hype will be over in two years when the graphic capabilities of 360 and PS3 are no longer the best. PC gaming would be more popular again and people would wait for the next generation of consoles to begin.

Fredvdp said:
Gamers buy consoles but everyone has a PC these days. People who work a lot with computers and like to play an occasional videogame would probably play on their PC since it's there anyway.

I think the console hype will be over in two years when the graphic capabilities of 360 and PS3 are no longer the best. PC gaming would be more popular again and people would wait for the next generation of consoles to begin.

in two or three years the next generation of consoles will probably be out and they will more than likely be more than capable of doing all the functions of a PC

I've not read much on this topic since i don't have time but I did want to contribute my thoughts. The PC never has and never will dominate the gaming community. The reason is because consoles provide much less opportunity for cheating, less need for updates, less complaints from end user causes such as deleting files, viruses or malware, and the most important one to the makers....PC games are too easy to pirate. Yes, you can mod and backup your games and play them, but it's way easier for people to pirate PC versions and create key generators. I finally quit using my PC and went to a console because I got tired of waiting for hit games to move to a PC platform.

Back