Building a PC

I have always been an Nvidia fan. No particular reason, just liked em better. I can't remember who made it, but my first was a Voodoo2.

Yeah, if only because the numbers actually go in order. And the letter extensions are easier...... GT or GTS or GTX. That's about it.

I used to be an ATI hater, but when the x1900s came out, shoooot they have many advantages and the x2s are coming out like this week or next week.

crossfire is pure shet. and I retract my statement, the 20 series of ati is already out and apparently they suck due to the fact that ati merged with AMD.

nvidia wins this round :p

mr_resi said:
For your OS i recommend linux, its 300 dollars you dont have to spend :D thats right linux is free! Personally id recommend Linux Mandriva.

Sorry for the double, but this is a pretty laid back thread.

I'd recommend Ubuntu 6.06 if you're new to linux. Mandriva is good though. or debian....

Also, how hard would it be to rip my 80gb hd out of my crap computer and stick it in a case for school stuff.?

it is simple, just open it, unplug the IDE or SATA cable, unplug the power cable from the HD and move it to the new pc :).

Windows XP is free if you torrent it. priacy ftw.

mr_resi said:
You guys make me think my computer is **** (T_T) i only have a 80GB and a 40GB

He he, I stuck another 128mb :)yikes:) in my bro's computer. (only for email). I checked out system info..... 10 GB. The os (2000pro) takes up two GB. That's 20%!

I have an 80 and a 30... Looking at a lappy with 160 or so.

Also, this place isn't underground anymore. You might not want to be so open about piracy.

mr_resi said:
ha ha so my computer is better then yours :cornut: Also id recommend and asus AGP (or is it VGA?) grphics card their cheap and preform well.

ha ha ha, VGA is the input of normal monitors (although more are accepting Svid, and DVI). AGP is the standard of peripherals.. Precursor to PCI, precursor to PCI-Express.

Back