Can sexuality be changed?

I don't know about choosing to be gay or not, but I think it's just due to a strong preference to the same sex. I'm sure you can sway to the other sex or something. Like, if you were just raised with your parents and some other random girl you weren't related to, they can teach you to like her, you wouldn't know any different. Mommy and daddy make a happy couple, so that's how it "should" be. People are just following trends with parents. I don't know, might just be to the same sex company. People can react to this different ways. :/

Say if you met someone you liked online and you fell in love with them, but it turned out after months they were lying about their gender. You would think that you don't have any feelings for them at all because of your orientation?

I'm gonna say no for a simple reason:

In today's world, why the hell would you choose to be gay?

I was about to propose that answer myself. Being in a discriminated, stereotyped and singled out minority group shouldn't really be on the top of anyone's agenda.

You're still gay, you just act straight.

Another intelligent comment. Had it not been for the likes of AndThen? and Chewy, I might have to start using insults.

Say if you met someone you liked online and you fell in love with them, but it turned out after months they were lying about their gender. You would think that you don't have any feelings for them at all because of your orientation?

Anyone I've talked to has said that all feelings would be null and void if this happened. Maybe you're different. I like to think that's a good thing, that love is bigger than gender.

Anyone I've talked to has said that all feelings would be null and void if this happened. Maybe you're different. I like to think that's a good thing, that love is bigger than gender.

Not exactly. I kind of have to contradict myself here. I had this conversation with my sister and she said we should all be bisexual, but not pansexual. I think biological sex has something to do with it. I've never actually asked a bisexual person why they just aren't pansexual though. So now I'm confusing myself, maybe you can force yourself to be pansexual, but I see that as a tiiiny possibility.

That's incredibly stupid. It's clear that you've had very little contact with any gay people, so don't just assert your uninformed assumptions.

Nah, I have 3 gay friends. You just don't agree with me because I don't agree with you. It's okay though.

navarre said:
Had it not been for the likes of AndThen? and Chewy, I might have to start using insults.
Who cares?

I don't agree with you because you're wrong. Who would choose to be gay? Why would someone choose to make life harder for themselves?

It is their choice, young'un. If someone wants to do something, they are going to do it. Are you gay? Didn't think so. Your opinion is not fact. In fact, every gay person I've come into contact with has had crushes on the opposite sex until around their teenage years.

It is their choice, young'un. If someone wants to do something, they are going to do it. Are you gay? Didn't think so. Your opinion is not fact. In fact, every gay person I've come into contact with has had crushes on the opposite sex until around their teenage years.

Don't claim you know me. I am, in fact, gay. I've had girlfriends, too. Doesn't mean I was straight.

Look- every gay person I know, at least at one point in their life, has WANTED to be straight. BUT THEY'RE NOT. See it's not that they want to "do" something which is so unobtainable. Don't think homosexual is a verb, now. It's an adjective, as is BEING something rather than DOING something. Because anyone can have sex with anyone, it's really not that hard.

I'd love to be taller, but wanting to be taller just isn't going to get me there!

Why do you think there was such an outrage from the gay community when Sarah Palin described homosexuality as a "lifestyle choice"?

In fact, every gay person I've come into contact with has had crushes on the opposite sex until around their teenage years.

That's true (or at least is for my former best friend), but that's solely because children are too young to understand sexuality. Once they're mature enough to figure out their indentity, ie at puberty, then they can start realising their sexuality.

It all depends on how your brought up and your own beliefs on being gay, influence from other people can also make you change your sexuality. I know as being in a girls school and sixth-form had a larger number of gay students then average schools and allowed one of my friends to realize she was bi which wouldn't have happened in a different situation as people at the school where very open with their sexuality. Also it is possible to appreciate others of your gender without being gay it just what humans do, comparing themselves to others.

Because anyone can have sex with anyone, it's really not that hard.

If there not attracted to them it wont be to hard

Why do people worry about what other people do to each other in the area they chose to have sex in?

can a pathological liar change his path? can a compulsive gambler change his habits?

can a pathological liar change his path?
Maybe in some cases, but they'd have to have something to sort of shock them into changing their morals.

can a compulsive gambler change his habits?
Sure, it's easy to just not gamble. But will they suddenly not like gambling? Don't think so.

Psychological trauma could make someone truly change their sexuality, but that's pretty much it.

Personally I believe that it's somewhat pre-set in our minds when we are born, however I know someone who is gay and had two female parents. Could have been a coincidence, but they also could have been effected when they were younger.

As for sexuality changing when adults, I'm not really sure. Maybe some already have a same sex preference but see it socially acceptable to date the opposite sex.

Don't claim you know me. I am, in fact, gay. I've had girlfriends, too. Doesn't mean I was straight.

Look- every gay person I know, at least at one point in their life, has WANTED to be straight. BUT THEY'RE NOT. See it's not that they want to "do" something which is so unobtainable. Don't think homosexual is a verb, now. It's an adjective, as is BEING something rather than DOING something. Because anyone can have sex with anyone, it's really not that hard.

I'd love to be taller, but wanting to be taller just isn't going to get me there!

Why do you think there was such an outrage from the gay community when Sarah Palin described homosexuality as a "lifestyle choice"?
Well, okay. I respect your opinion. I still think it goes deeper than that.

Back