Can the Wii get a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just stumbled across this, just though i should say, It is very unlikely that the wii could get a virus, i believe it run Linux (Nintendo linux distro built on the linux kernel), there are only about 30 known viruses for linux and a few only run on red hat, it is fairly unlikely you will come across them using the wii, also using the opera web browser on the wii, you can not download and run any programs and there is no way for a viruses to get in because most linux distos dnt have any open port / backdoors, all the applications on the shopping channel etc, and games must have some where along the line been approved by Nintendo, and if a virus that could affect the wii was out in the wild im sure Nintendo would find out fairly soon about it and make a patch to stop it, so when you system up data its fine. lol (ps. Viruses that run on Windows aren't made by Microsoft lol)

We gotta give this dude some credit...as least he made it known that he went fishing for this thread. I hate when people respond to old threads as if they are still relevent now. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Oh wow! Why do threads continue to get revived like this...

Well at least he was informative.

cock..

and no wii can not get a virus.. The Wiis OS is similar to linux and we all know no one creates viruses for linux... They would have to get the source code for the wii OS.. You also gotta realize is that you can not DOWNLOAD ANYTHING OFF OPERA!! so how the hell are you going to get a virus if you cant download?? And if they made a homebrew channel im sure what got posted will have to be approved my nintendo first, and im sure they will check the code... If you still have your box to your wii it has RCA secure access for internet so NO VIRUS!

lemme guess gonna quote me and call me a "dumb ass" lol grow up..

cock..

and no wii can not get a virus.. The Wiis OS is similar to linux and we all know no one creates viruses for linux... They would have to get the source code for the wii OS.. You also gotta realize is that you can not DOWNLOAD ANYTHING OFF OPERA!! so how the hell are you going to get a virus if you cant download?? And if they made a homebrew channel im sure what got posted will have to be approved my nintendo first, and im sure they will check the code... If you still have your box to your wii it has RCA secure access for internet so NO VIRUS!

lemme guess gonna quote me and call me a "dumb ass" lol grow up..

No, but maybe you should learn to read when this thread was started before you go and bump it again with pointless **** that no body cares about anymore

yeah i noticed when the thread was first created, i also noted that people were posting in it as of Today so in my eyes thats fair game to post.. youre not the rule maker here so eatabagofdicks.com since it was bumped by someone else that means i can go ahead and update this ALLLLLLL i want...

Whats with your obsession of dicks? I'm sorry, but I'm not gay, you'll have to find some one else to satisfy your sick needs

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremy, you can't call comeone a cock and then tell them to grow up. And btw, there is a homebrew channel, which Ninty doesn't approve of, so they wuoldn't be checking the software on there...Although they could.

i was on the internet channel on my wii and it said i had like 7 viruses. it was all in windows xp format

but how would a virus spread?
if it cant spread its not really a virus
u cant send files that are executable
u cant even load files that are executable
maybe a moded wii can but most people dont mod

No. Organic Wiis cannot obtain viruses.

However, if you're one of the lucky few who manage to get homebrew, you might accidentally run something the wrong way and make your Wii temporarily inoperable.

It can but this is how the virus system works.1 guy makes a viruses sells it to a third world country.They post it on the web.Viruses are made for finding what you bank # is and stuff.You can not do that with the wii. There r more viruses for Microsoft because lot of people have Microsoft so more owners means more profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back