can you acess the wii , though the network?

through the ip i didn't physically 'access' the wii, but was able to get access to it's information...

ie: mac address and a couple of other things o_O

Yes, we know that the wii when connected to the router will show up in the dhcp table/connected devices list. This really has nothing to do with what we are talking about though.

Someone asked if you could access the wii over the network from a PC.

vagrant said:
Nothing else would be using port 21.

And finding the ftp port open on a machine doesn't mean it is running an ftp server.

And it remote closes you. Meaning there is no ftp server, thus nothing to connect to.

Certainly port 21 being open doesn't indicate that the host /must/ be running an ftp server.

If it goes through the handshake and opens a TCP connection, one would imagine that /something/ is listening. Especially if the connection remains open until receiving input.

Who's to say it's not a listener for some proprietary protocol?

I don't presently have a way to investigate this more deeply, so I'm just going from what stuckshut had to say.

thing about the port 21 being open is probably something internal is using it locally or something to block a possible exploit of it being used as a FTP like what happened on the original Xbox.....

NOTE: LINUX MAY BE BEST BET TO DO ANYTHING NETWORK WISE WITH WII i say this cuz well its more advanced and more possibilities with the tools and cmds Linux has

Back