Can you play Wii with other users via internet?

Nikkie06

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi, I'm a newbie here.
Does anyone know if it's possible to play w/ other Wii users online??? I've added my friend to the Wii LIst...and both of us are online, but seem like we can't play together ...(like I challenge him some game ???) Does anyone know how? Thanks very much.
Nikkie06

YES :3 otherwise i probably would have an xbox 360
- to play online you need to have 1 of the following games:
Mario strikers charged
mario kart (not out yet) XD

Last edited:
Or Pokemon Battle Coliseum :]

They'll release more wi-fi games later. I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Brawl ^_^

So with just the stock sport pack games, you won't be able to play with your friends? ...is it only for ONLINE-games ?????

these r the online games for wii right now

bwii
super strikers charged
pokemon battle revolution
guitar hero 3

coming soon

medal of honor heroes 2
mario kart wii
ghost squad
brawl
i could go on but it would take an eternity
p.s. rep me

Thats what comes up for wi-fi enabled on the Nintendo site game list.
In order of coming out or already come out.

Ghost Squad Q4 2007 (Don't ask me what Q means!)
Guitar Hero III: Legends Oct 29, 2007
Madden NFL 08 Aug 14, 2007
Mario Strikers Charged Jul 30, 2007
Pokémon Battle Revolution Jun 25, 2007

Although I know batallion wars is out. Also SSBB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) is coming out too. I can`t wait. It`s gonna be a sales booster. Good thing I got my Wii a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Nikkie06 said:
So with just the stock sport pack games, you won't be able to play with your friends? ...is it only for ONLINE-games ?????

soo... to directly answer your question, you can NOT play wii sports online because it doesn't have online capabilities. other games (as was mentioned above by many other people) have or will have online capabilities.

Nikkie06 said:

No. Wii Sports is not online playable. When you purchase a Nintendo Wii game look for the blue Wi-Fi circle logo. Thats how you can tell if its online playable. If it doesnt have it, then you cant play it online.

Nikkie06 said:
Hi, I'm a newbie here.
Does anyone know if it's possible to play w/ other Wii users online??? I've added my friend to the Wii LIst...and both of us are online, but seem like we can't play together ...(like I challenge him some game ???) Does anyone know how? Thanks very much.
Nikkie06

yes you can thru nintendo wifi connection similiar to the ds wifi

Back