Cancelled Guitar Hero 3 and ordered SMG

Zarogan

Official Metroid Breeder
Jan 26, 2007
Chile
Wii Online Code
5460-1571-7458-7185
Hi, as the title says, I had ordered Guitar Hero III (it arrives on December 2nd here in Chile) and was very excited about it, but I recently found out that it was only in mono sound. Considering it's a music game, I think it's essential for it to at least have stereo, so after some thought I decided to cancel it and order Super Mario Galaxy (it already arrived to Chile, but I buy my games in a store that's located in another city, and even if I have to pay the shipment, I still get it for less money than it would cost me here :p)

I'm still looking forward to Guitar Hero, so if they ever fix the problem I'm gonna buy it right away.

Do you think I made a good choice? Is it that bad that GH 3 is only on mono sound?

I have a surround audio system BTW.

Super Mario Galaxy is such a good game it was a good move, because you certainly aren't losing to a less enjoyable gaming experience.
Just get GH3 later.

NOT TRUE! Mono is quite an exaggeration, as they don't support Dolby Pro Logic II. It still has stereo, and plays just fine. Additionally, a patch is in the works to fix this issue. But Galaxy is a good purchase, and you ought to still get GH3.

JT. said:
NOT TRUE! Mono is quite an exaggeration, as they don't support Dolby Pro Logic II. It still has stereo, and plays just fine. Additionally, a patch is in the works to fix this issue. But Galaxy is a good purchase, and you ought to still get GH3.
It has Dual Mono, not Stereo, at least that's what I read in the Guitar Hero 3 forum and IGN. I also read that Activision commented that there may be a chance of fixing the game via an update, but it's not guaranteed.

^Dual mono? Isn't that pretty much stereo? I read somewhere it doesn't have true stereo, whatever that means, but does have some sort of stereo. Well, the game sounds fine, IMO.

Just remember, GH3, or any GH games are extremely enjoyable. If you like to play with friends, GH3 even with one guitar, is a great game to have. If you normally play by your self, SMG is a must have and it was a good decision for the meanwhile.

JT. said:
^Dual mono? Isn't that pretty much stereo? I read somewhere it doesn't have true stereo, whatever that means, but does have some sort of stereo. Well, the game sounds fine, IMO.
I'm not sure, but I think that Dual Mono means that if there are two speakers, both work, but they send out the same sounds. Stereo would allow each speaker to sound different, but I'm quite sure you already know that.

Anyway, I'll get it as soon as they fix the problem, and if they don't... I guess I'll get it too, as I don't have any of the other consoles :p

Back