can't create a 2nd player in SSG

bo2u

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2007
For the life of us we can't create a 2nd player in golf. We create the initial player and then in the VS. games we can play with the same remote and player. But when we try to use two remotes and presumably different players we get a message of 'cannot load (maybe it says read) data from 2nd wii controller. I've tried reconnecting them which is successful. It seems that it would allow you to create 2 or more players (depending on the number of detected remotes at game start) but doesn't seem to be the case. We have also tried the balloon pop VS. game, which requires each user to have their own remote, but that doesn't prompt for addt. player creation either.

Yep. Same problem here. I have read the manual cover to cover and tried every setting. It appears as though you can only have your "primary" character initially, then you can "buy" other characters. Not sure if you can play two people - one with the primary and the other with the purchased character. Havent gotten that far yet.

I can hardly wait till Tiger Woods Golf comes out in March. This SSG is a bit to cheesy for me. Wish I would not have bought it.

Oh well, live and learn.

Cheers,

dave

I don't know if this will work, but trying it won't hurt. I couldn't get SSG to respond to my first Wii remote. The unit responded to the buttons, but not the movement of the remote. I finally discovered that I had to change the sensitivity setting on the WII.

Go to Wii Settings, you will find it there. The default setting is "3". I had to change mine to "5" to get the Wii to respond to remote movement.

Hope this helps...

Go to the Mii Plaza and hit transfer Mii's and have your second Wiimote connected and transfer the one you want onto it

Back