can't decide.

SpacePyro

WiiChat Member
Apr 29, 2007
Bastrop, TX
Alright, so I have my Wii...and I lack an internet connection. I can't decide on whether I should get a wired or wireless connection.

Here's the scenario...

My Wii is in my living room, and my wired router is in my computer room, which is about 30-40 feet away. I'd like getting a wired connection just because the lag time would be greatly minimized, and I am also planning to buy an Xbox360, which only has wired compatibility (unless you buy the adapter, which is freakin' expensive).

However, jutting an rj45 through the walls and up through the attic almost seems impossible...as a result, I am reconsidering a wireless connection. However, I'd have to buy a wireless router (about $50, cheapest one), and if I did buy an xbox360, I'd have to buy the wireless adapter (pretty much $100). It's expensive, the distance is great (causing lag), and I feel like it's almost not worth it. But, I also have a DS which is supported by wireless connection...so, I really don't know what to do.

Wired is cheaper/stronger but more complex, while wireless is expensive/laggy but efficient.

What should i do!?!?

0_o

yeah, im really thinking about going wireless.

ive been looking at the Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router. do you think this would be adequate for my wii? i mean, do you think it'd pick up a strong signal from 40+ feet away, considering there is a 5 inch hollow wall?

and for the xbox, do you think it'd be best just to keep that wired? i really don't want to spend $100 on an adapter..

Get a router and go wireless if you ask me, this seems like the best possible way to go while minimizing all the problems of the wifi dongle, and the wires and disconnecting/connecting of the wired setup.

yeah, i think im gonna buy the wireless adapter then. i might just have to keep the xbox then in the computer room for now...because $100 is just plain ridiculous. lol. wired connections will work well for halo 3. :D

thanks guys!
if you have any comments / suggestions, feel free to post them...
yall rock.

Linksy is a good one to have and by the looks of things you wont have any major issue's, pretty simple to set up shop and good luck:)

Back