Can't Play Gamecube Games on Wii

oscaramos

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
Ok so I just bought five Gamecube games for my son and I to play. When I turn on the games it seems like I lose controller control when the Gamecube game turns on. My Wii controllers just show dark and when I press button on blue lights blink as if nothing happens. So I went out to Ebgames a bought two classic controllers and then tried with the same result.

I saw one similar post on Amazon forum but the solution of tunring off the controller while the Gamecube is playing. Not sure how I would be able to select the Gamecube option if the I have conrtollers turned off.

Thanks!

u cant use the wii controller on the gamecube games.... u have to have a gamecube controller!!!!!!

they arent that expensive... hit up gamestop and get 1 for 7.99

Exactly what 24forlife said, you have to use gamecube controllers. Their cheap and u can buy them at target, walmart, gamestop, eb games, etc. You can also pick between wireless and wired, wireless being more expensive.

manufan15 said:
Exactly what 24forlife said, you have to use gamecube controllers. Their cheap and u can buy them at target, walmart, gamestop, eb games, etc. You can also pick between wireless and wired, wireless being more expensive.
yea i recommend that u by the nintendo brand because they last sooooooo much longer and they feel grat also... and while im giving my prefrence u should also get wireless.... so ur not cofined to a 6 foot space!!

Last edited:
i was chuckling in my head when i heard this story...

dont get third party controllers or memory cards... i learned from that mistake (i got a mad catz memory card and i put all my game saves on it, and then it lost all my data... i was so pissed that i went out in the woodshop and banged it with a hammer until there was nothing but little scraps of plastic and metal) mwahahaha.

but in all seriousness, i hate mad catz and that experience sucked.

hey the same thing happened to me..... eXCEPT i dint turn the memory card to liquid .......lol i feel ur pain!!!!

I have a 3rd party brand of memory card for ps2 its tearing in half but still works =D and a 3rd party GC mad catz controller I dont really enjoy playing with it

Dude use gamecube controllers those are the only things compatable with gamcube games....Classic controllers are for virtual console games in the wii shop not for game cube games.If i were you id eiather take back the classic controllers or (this is if you can access wii shop) buy some wii points so you can use those classic controllers to play games from past systems like NES super nintendo N64 Sega genisis and some other thing i forgot.There are some good games in the shop like legend of zelda:1 ,link to a past ,and ocarina of time.

Hey guys thanks I am going to go out and grab two Gamecube controllers... Thanks again!

24forlife said:
u cant use the wii controller on the gamecube games.... u have to have a gamecube controller!!!!!!

they arent that expensive... hit up gamestop and get 1 for 7.99

exactly right there use a gamecube controller

I recommend the Wavebird. You're cordless, shouldn't your gaming controller be cordless too?

Back