Can't Turn OFF Wiiconnect24

electricsashimi

WiiChat Member
Apr 9, 2007
So usually, I am connected wiiconnect24 on my neighbor's WIFI, then one day I turn on my Wii to check the weather and shows so code message about the internet. Then I went to scan the internet access points, and there are no more "unlocked" access point for me to use. So just for fun I clicked on a locked access point and put some random stuff for the WEP key, obviously didn't pass the connection test. So I decided to turn off the Wiiconnect24, I went to Wiiconnect24 to turn it off , it said that I don't have a internet connection setup and redirects me to the internet options.

Now when I turn off my Wii, Wiiconnect24 is still turned on (because of the yellow light)

How do I turn it off?????!?!?!?!?!

pick up your wii....
throw it through the window...
buy a new one....
problem solved!

the yellow light means standby mode, not wiiconnect24. if the blue led flickers off and on then wiiconnect24 is on,

if your wii isn't connected online, then it automatically turns wiiconecct24 off. theres your answer. hopes this helps

-Brandon-

read my post. theres your answer.

you didnt see it cuz you were replying to Almo while i wrote it.

Stranger said:
the yellow light means standby mode, not wiiconnect24. if the blue led flickers off and on then wiiconnect24 is on,

if your wii isn't connected online, then it automatically turns wiiconecct24 off. theres your answer. hopes this helps

-Brandon-

You couldn't be more wrong, YELLOW = is Wiiconnect24 is on (WIi gets warm)
RED = Wiiconnect24 is off

When the blue light flickers it means someone sent you a message

REad the Instruction Manual !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stranger said:

-Brandon-
um no sorry the red light means standby, the yellow orange light means wii connect 24, green light means power on, blue LED lit up is a new message or Mii

electricsashimi said:

lol bastard ya beat me

electricsashimi said:

no.

I actually do read the manuals just like you apparently and if you read up on the wii error codes in the book AND on the official nintendo error code site, you'll realize that yellow is standby mode, and red is completely powered down.

when it flickers it doesnt always mean you have a message, it just means wiiconnect24 could be doing something, an update for example, something of that sort, but not always a message. :thumbsup:

Stranger said:
no.

I actually do read the manuals just like you apparently and if you read up on the wii error codes in the book AND on the official nintendo error code site, you'll realize that yellow is standby mode, and red is completely powered down.

when it flickers it doesnt always mean you have a message, it just means wiiconnect24 could be doing something, an update for example, something of that sort, but not always a message. :thumbsup:
uhh well if red is completely powerd down then whys the light on? somehting can only be completely powerd down if its off at the wall, any LED means its on standby, plus when i disconnect wiiconnect24 my light changes from orange to red, so tell me how exactly do i get my wii on standby without it connected to the net?:idea:

Stranger is a noob

from the Wii manul

GREEEn = Console power is ON
ORANGE - Standby mode, Wiiconnect24 is ON
RED - Standby Mode, Wiiconnect24 is off

Then

Game Disc Slot

When Wiiconnect24 is set to ON, the slot will blink when messages or Data are received

WHEN MESSAGES OR DATA ARE RECEIVED

PAGE4

READ!~!

electricsashimi said:
Stranger is a noob

from the Wii manul

GREEEn = Console power is ON
ORANGE - Standby mode, Wiiconnect24 is ON
RED - Standby Mode, Wiiconnect24 is off

Then

Game Disc Slot

When Wiiconnect24 is set to ON, the slot will blink when messages or Data are received

WHEN MESSAGES OR DATA ARE RECEIVED

PAGE4

READ!~!
lol omg stranger you just got owned by a noob (no offence electric)

Yellow means standby only. It ONLY means that WC24 is on if WC24 standby mode is turned on in the software options.

Red means the system is completely powered down, just not the LEDs.

Back