Can't Work the D@mn Wiimote

shnuffles

WiiChat Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hey I recently bought the Wii and was really excited to try it out. Got it home, all was good. set it up, all was good, started going, the stupid wiimote stopped working.
First off,
  • The Batteries are not dead (replaced 4 times now)
  • tried re-syncingthe ways it tells you to
  • Tried unplugging it and leaving it alone for a while
  • the stupid lights keep flashing on and off until I wanna hurt the wiimote
  • On the rare chance that ONE finally connects, in about 20 sec it disconnects and back to the flashing lights
  • Tried two different remotes
  • Tried re-syncing during the Health and Safety warning thing
PLEASE help me! I'm becoming desperate and if it takes to long I will be needing the kind of help that only a straight jacket and padded walls can fix!

Thanks for your help!
~Shnuff

shnuffles said:
Hey I recently bought the Wii and was really excited to try it out. Got it home, all was good. set it up, all was good, started going, the stupid wiimote stopped working.
First off,
  • On the rare chance that ONE finally connects, in about 20 sec it disconnects and back to the flashing lights
PLEASE help me! I'm becoming desperate and if it takes to long I will be needing the kind of help that only a straight jacket and padded walls can fix!

Thanks for your help!
~Shnuff
There's a flap on the front of the Wii, open it and you'll see an SD card reader and a red button with Sync on it. Hold in the sync from the Wii and press the sync on the battery compartment of the Wiimote. That should sync it with the Wii permanently. Do this with every Wiimote you have. It doesn't matter where you resync it (I think).

Also, do this for each wiimote one at a time. Doing them all at the same time won't help. Believe me, I've bought 4 wiimotes, and only just recently resynced them to the console. Before, I had to go into the Wiimote menu and add them manually for every game. Now that they're all synced up, they can be registered to play just by pressing the B button.

yeah i had the same problem, just not as bad. the damn mote will blike 80 F*Cking times before it stops!! all i had to do was unplug the wii and plug it back in, but i hope urs works again, it's the worst feeling if u cant play wii :sad:

shnuffles said:
First off,

Thanks for your help!
~Shnuff

dude just wait and just leave it alone and then try it out.tge exact same thing happeded to me

Unplug all the cords from the back, then plug them back in, you'll be able to play again. :thumbsup:

Try smacking the wiimote against your hand a few times. Sometimes the parts get stuck.

Back