Charging useless?

balrogs.pa

Wiichats Idiot Identifier
Jul 12, 2007
I forgot how to look at a map.
Wii Online Code
0588-9206-9468-1123
I find that online matches and hard story mode matches. i find it almost impossible to have time to charge it up and do my captains megasmash thing. does anyone else agree with me?

Duriias' advice is good but maybe not in your situation. You're talking about a Megastrike, and well, the Megastrike is like rolling dice. It's tough to find time to charge it up, and good players will usually stop even orange ones. For me the Megastrike is more of a hail mary pass in the last seconds of the fourth quarter than a solid attack.
Megastrikes also lure you into wasting your Captain special on trying to set them up, when Captain specials can be usually be used to score conventional goals(excluding Diddy and Peach).
The best advice I can give you if you want or need to use them is to pick your moments, and not get greedy. Don't attempt one if your opponent's Boo is on his feet and nearby, and don't try to pull in more than four balls. Practice your timing to that you can get the needle to four balls, and then immediately stop it on orange power. Green Megastrikes are usually shut out.
And as an added note, that red shell you've got would be much better used setting up Bones or Hammers' skillshots.

Unfortunately, if you're trying to beat Yoshi's challenge, you'll usually need either Megastrikes, or you'll need to master Serve-it-ins. Luckily you're on the Sand Tomb, and Megastrikes are easier there. With all that timing practice, you should be able to beat it.

in online play you really have to have power-ups in order to gain time to do anything special

agrred, but thats why you have weapons and stuff like the shells are goot to clear up some space

All of the weapons can be very dangerous at the right moment. Even the lowly mushroom can be used for a guaranteed Serve-it-up point.

BigORhyme said:
All of the weapons can be very dangerous at the right moment. Even the lowly mushroom can be used for a guaranteed Serve-it-up point.
Mushroom + Boo / Toad = guaranteed goal.

He's talking about either the Mushroom Bomb technique, or the nearly guaranteed Serve-it-up that a mushroom can give you.
A mushroom is almost always a guaranteed point for me.

Back