Cheating or not?

Dudearino

3 Star MK. NO CHEATING
Sep 7, 2009
Chicago Illinois
Wii Online Code
8407-4158-0955-3723
If you race online and use the shortcuts that are built into the game by programers are you cheating?

(not talking about Hacking, obviously that is cheating)

:lovewii:

glitches are considered cheating like in GV, WGM, BC, etc.
but the shortcut that are like procuts arent.

How can it be cheating?these shortcuts are part of the track design, besides that you usually have to have a mushroom to boost you through the mud or other obstacles,, so no, I would say it's not cheating.

Example: GNC DK MT vs. Grumble V. I feel shortcut in DK MT is legit. Because it is open to all types of Vehicles (Karts and Bikes) And it takes skill to master it. But on Grumble Volcano it is a bike option only. It is tough to call it a glitch because a “glitch” is usually unplanned un-programmed action. I think there is no way that went unnoticed by Nintendo. It is more like an “Easter egg” for the players to find. Who knows what else is hidden.

i play with other clans all the time. there is a rule against no using a glitch because its considered "cheating". nintendo did not put it on purpose. if you think about how the game is set up, you know for a fact nintendo didnt put it on purpose. its hard to explain. basically... why would u think nintendo put something like that on this game so everyone could cheat and race unfairly? get it?

Every nuance of that game is programmed, absolutely everything from the color of the sky to the twinkle in Yoshi’s eye. Do you think that it occurs naturally? I’m not saying that some programmers don’t put their own twist on some elements, but nothing is by accident. Except for a “Glitch”. A glitch is technically an error in code, a hang-up, something that was over looked. But GV was definitely a case of a programmer gone astray. Snuck one past. Or Nintendo put it out there for our discovery.

:lovewii:

ABIDE.jpg

Not cheating!

Which? GV or DK MT?
Or just using Shortcuts?
I think Shortcuts are fine.

:mushroomlife::mushroomlife::mushroomlife::mushroomlife::mushroomlife::mushroomlife:

Last edited:
yeah most people hate gv glitchers, but everybody uses other shortcuts like bc3 and dkm, those are definately not cheating

yeah I still have consistency problems with bc3 shortcut, bit embarrasing really

Back